Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Shawls, Scarves, Ponchos
 Cabled Capelet Free Pattern
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Quinacridone
Chatty Knitter

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  07:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Quinacridone's Homepage Send Quinacridone a Private Message
http://knittinginsteadofhousework.blogspot.com/2005/12/i-finished-my-little-capelet-for.html

The Pattern is called Cabled Capelet and under Dec 10 2005

This is my first attempt at writing one of my patterns out so that others can understand how I've made something. Please let me know any feedback or questions you have.
http://knittinginsteadofhousework.blogspot.com/
to view my art: http://members.cox.net/sherritzej

mwyn
Permanent Resident

USA
1419 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  3:18:05 PM  Show Profile Send mwyn a Private Message
Oooh; I like it. I wish I could see the pattern a bit better in the varigated. I may give it a try when these 12 hour shifts at work cease.
mwyn

One who works with his hands is a laborer. With hands & head; a craftsman. With hands, head & heart an artist. (Paraphrase St. Francis of Assissi)
Go to Top of Page

Little Kitty
Chatty Knitter

255 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  10:02:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Little Kitty's Homepage Send Little Kitty a Private Message
Oooh. That's pretty! And in pink, it really stands out!

~~ Lynette ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Gathering of Wool
Go to Top of Page

HellaHelen
Chatty Knitter

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  10:58:25 AM  Show Profile Send HellaHelen a Private Message
Nice! What a great stash-busting, pretty project! Thanks for sharing.

Helen
Go to Top of Page

Quinacridone
Chatty Knitter

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  08:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Quinacridone's Homepage Send Quinacridone a Private Message
Mwyn,
I'm sorry its taken me so long to write back to you. I have misplaced my camera (I think I left it at a client site) so I can't take another photo of my stole/capelet/whateveritis yet. In the meantime, this is how you can see the piece better:

Position your mouse over the photo on my blog, then right click on the photo. A drop menu will appear. Select copy with the left clicker. Then open up Microsoft Word (or something that you can drop a photo into). Right click again. When the drop menu appears, select Paste with the left clicker. The photo of my stole will appear at the same size it was in my blog.
Now position your clicker on the right hand lower very corner of the photo. Left click and wait a moment. A double sided arrow should appear (sometimes on my computer, I have to left click a couple of times). When the arrow appears along with little black squares around the edge of the photo, left click on the corner and drag the corner outward (do not lift your finger off of the mouse clicker). Dotted lines should appear indicating a larger sized square circumference. When you let go of the clicker, the photo will take on the new size you have given it. You can make the image quite large and see all the detail that you want to using this technique. (I use this when the previews from upcoming magazines are posted and I want to see a larger photo then what the mag. websites show).

Hella Helen and Little Kitty and Mwyn, thank you for giving me feedback on this pattern (for a couple of days no one had replied and I was worried that I had created something abhorrent and reprehensible to the world of knitters). I appreciate your encouragements.

to view my art: http://members.cox.net/sherritzej
Go to Top of Page

mwyn
Permanent Resident

USA
1419 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  8:08:32 PM  Show Profile Send mwyn a Private Message
Hi Quinacridone; I copied your pattern this evening . I appreciate the advice on the enlarging. I'm looking forward to making this. If I have any problems I'll be sure and pm. :}

mwyn

One who works with his hands is a laborer. With hands & head; a craftsman. With hands, head & heart an artist. (Paraphrase St. Francis of Assissi)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe