Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 New Years Resolutions
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

knittingkeri
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  10:18:24 PM  Show Profile Send knittingkeri a Private Message
Does anyone else out there have knitting related New Years Resolutions? Mine is to buy no more yarn until I have finished all lapsed projects, and sold off the yarn I am not using. Love to hear yours!!!

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1350 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  12:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message
There are a few of us who already posted on this a little bit ago:
http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47399

Mine as it says is to knit more for others throughout the year so that it isn't such a crush at Christmas.

Jayme
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  09:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
I'm a soul sister to the person who wrote:

• 1. Knit down my stash;
  • 2. Knit down my stash;
  • 3. Knit down my stash!!

-- Marg (I'm knitting as fast as I can) in Calgary

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sticks and String
Permanent Resident

USA
1113 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  3:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sticks and String's Homepage Send Sticks and String a Private Message
2005 was my year to finish ALL unfinished projects. I'm proud to say that as soon as I sew bead eyes on the last felted fish...I've done it! Even the baby blanket I started for my youngest son, who is 12 now (horrified look) is done. I guess it will keep for a grandchild. lol

Keri, you can do it, too! I'm pulling for you!

So in 2006 I take on learning to knit gloves, mastering entrelac techniques and knitting for myself more. Oh, DH just reminded me that 2006 is also the year I finally knit a sweater for him. It really isn't that *I* was unwilling...it was about him not being able to settle on a pattern!

Jo

If you love not the noise of bells, why then do you pull the ropes?
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  8:16:10 PM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
I resolve not to stay up so late knitting, and to get to bed earlier (wish me luck).

WendyB
Knit to your heart's delight.
Go to Top of Page

Bullmonty
Seriously Hooked

814 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  8:20:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bullmonty's Homepage Send Bullmonty a Private Message
I resolve to spend more time knitting.
Suffering from stress in 2005 coz I wasn't knitting enuf...

http://designsbyhuileng.blogspot.com
[img]http://www.bensonassoc.com/pct/p09/mom_baby.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  8:37:42 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
New Years resolutions...hmmmm. Well, to knit more of course. To win the lottery...so I can buy more yarn...so I can knit more.

To learn to use my stupid fabulous new digital camera.

...and most importantly, to find a way to knit while eating Godiva chocolates, not exercise and still lose weight.

I'll let you in on the secret when I figure it out!

Trish
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1752 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  08:16:10 AM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message
I have an ongoing resolution - get my entire life in order. Been working on this over the past year.

This includes organizing my yarn and spinning wool, and as Marg said: "knit down my stash," or sell the excess. And make time to practice hand embroidery and needle felting and I want to sew up a jacket from a great pattern I bought at the sewing expo.

I won't even mention the work-related projects or the home maintenance and improvement projects..........

See My Stuff: Here

Go to Top of Page

ladyblue
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  9:25:09 PM  Show Profile Send ladyblue a Private Message
1. Knit more
2. spin more
3. organize my wool/fleece referrance book
4. work up my fleeces
5. find a 12 step program for fiber addiction
6. visit my sister in AZ
7. get healthy 100 percent
8. cherish every moment

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
New Pal

Vatican City
22 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  2:20:17 PM  Show Profile Send pinkroses a Private Message
I will try to finish my quilt I've got to finish basting and then into the hand quilting. It takes me almost a year to complete it cause I make full size quilts. inbetween the knitting, crocheting, tating , sewing and cooking and cleaning and writing Chrirstian poems, short stories and devotionals. pinkroses in Va. Looking to Jesus always.
Go to Top of Page

VickiKK
Seriously Hooked

935 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  4:11:32 PM  Show Profile Send VickiKK a Private Message
hmm, I always vow to finish UFO's, but then one of you mentions a pattern, a fabulous yarn, a new process(to me), or an accessory that I probably can't live without and those vows go out the window as I scramble to buy and do.
Maybe I need to vow to stay away from here until I get some things finished? Nah. Go ahead - enable away!!!
Vicki near Seattle
Go to Top of Page

ikamouse
Warming Up

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  1:39:51 PM  Show Profile Send ikamouse a Private Message
I'm with Sticks and String. Finish all projects! I've lost count of how many projects I have lying around. I also have to join those trying to knit down their stash. I think the first will help with the second, though.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe