Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Knitting Magazines
 Decisions, decisions!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  07:11:15 AM  Show Profile Send cknits a Private Message
I don't carry subs. to any mag at the moment. I've found that it is really easier to check them out at Barnes and Noble or Borders and buy the few that have patterns that I may actually knit or learn something from. It might seem more $$, but it's not really, because I buy what I WANT, not what lands in my mailbox. The only drawback, it can be dificult to find all the currnt issues as they do seem to sell out fast.
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  08:06:22 AM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
Amanda and Rose, I think the comments about the husband were tongue in cheek and kidding around. At least mine were. If Kathy was really upset by this, she'd do what she wants to do anyway and subscribe away. Clearly from her comments, she thinks one subscription is not a bad way to go to help pay off her last shopping spree.
Go to Top of Page

NCmusiclady
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
541 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  08:41:10 AM  Show Profile Send NCmusiclady a Private Message
I've been using my 40% and 50% off coupons to purchase magazines.

Also, all the craft-type stores accept each other's coupons. So if I get a JoAnn's coupon and they don't have the mag I want - I go over to AC Moore and vice versa.

I signed up for Hobby Lobby coupons and have used them at all the craft stores around here. We don't even have a Hobby Lobby here in Raleigh! (hey, that rhymes!)
Go to Top of Page

kdavies
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  08:45:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit kdavies's Homepage  Send kdavies a Yahoo! Message Send kdavies a Private Message
LOL...oh, I'm not upset at all! We are so tongue in cheek around here that I assumed that's what the comments were.

We live in a small town and don't get to a bookstore that carries the mags I like very often, so a subscription works best for me, but I've talked him into a few individual issues when they have something.

Actually, this has been a rough year, or at least a rough 6 months...bicycling injuries, doggie troubles, trees falling on houses...you name it! We're hoping next year will be better. I don't mind saying that it has put us in a financial crunch. Fortunately I have plenty of yarn for knitting and/or trading! {whew! good thing, too!}

Kathy
Knitting Noodles

The Lord says: "Get ready to be Amazed, for I will do great things; you would not believe them if you were told." Habakkuk 1:5
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  09:28:31 AM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
Kathy, I'm wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope 2006 will be much better for you than 2005!
Go to Top of Page

kdavies
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  4:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdavies's Homepage  Send kdavies a Yahoo! Message Send kdavies a Private Message
Thank you. For all of the difficulty of 2005, though, we are all in good health and happy and healed.

Merry Christmas to you all, as well!

Kathy

Kathy
Knitting Noodles

The Lord says: "Get ready to be Amazed, for I will do great things; you would not believe them if you were told." Habakkuk 1:5
Go to Top of Page

SpinaYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  11:24:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit SpinaYarn's Homepage Send SpinaYarn a Private Message
Kathy - I hope that it was obvious that I was joking about calling your husband a "cad"// it was a pick up on the "he's trying to limit me" statement you made in the original post.
Only trying to support other knitters in being limitless.. no offense intended. hopefully, none taken.

knit with joy-
Teyani

www.http://intrepidfiberwizard.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kdavies
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  9:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdavies's Homepage  Send kdavies a Yahoo! Message Send kdavies a Private Message
No one has mentioned Knitting Universe...how do you think it compares to Interweave Knits?

Kathy
Knitting Noodles

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?