Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Yarn Stores Around the Globe
 Have you been to Knit-A-Way in Brooklyn?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  7:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
Among the new shops on Atlantic, there is a wonderful store called Artez’n (444 Atlantic, between Bond and Nevins) where crafts people sell their wares – among them jewelry, handbags and totes -- and a knitting store, Knit-A-Way (398 Atlantic, between Hoyt and Bond). I hear knitting is back in a big way. Maybe someone on your gift list would love some yarn. My cousin Erica can hardly have a conversation without a fork, a glass, or knitting needles in her hand.

The above quote about stores in Brooklyn came to me in a food editor's (Arthur Schwartz) email newsletter. The rest of the info was about food stores and restaurants but I thought it was fun that knitting has crept in everywhere.

I haven't been to Knit-A-Way but I'm sure some of the other KR members have.

GFTC of NYC

KEG
Sustaining Member

122 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  07:59:07 AM  Show Profile Send KEG a Private Message
Knit-a-Way is what used to be Knitting Hands; it changed ownership sometime in the past year. Same comfortable space and large inventory; I've only been once since the change in ownership and it struck me that its stock was leaning more towards basic yarns than before.
Nice to see the Arthur Schwartz quote. I'm off to Sahadi this morning myself...
Kate
Go to Top of Page

alerievay
Chatty Knitter

115 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  08:12:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit alerievay's Homepage Send alerievay a Private Message
I like Knit-a-Way, mainly because it's a short bus ride away and has a wide selection. They carry more basic yarns, with some upper-end and luxury yarns. It is a very wide variety of yarn, but they are sometimes bad about having, say, enough Lamb's Pride to make a sweater in only 3 colors. Their needle selection is better than any other store I've seen in NYC.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe