Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 The Curse of the Love Sweater?
 Here's another thing...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  4:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message
I agree 100%. It matters to me, especially after 30 years of marriage, that my mate is not only supportive but he's out there advertising for me (almost to the point of embarassment).
On the other hand, we went out to dinner with another couple the other night and when the wife commented that the next day she was going to a painting class, her husband commented that she was 'going out to push her little brush around' (just caught a typo: I almost posted 'push her little bush around'. Whole different meaning!). Now them's fighting words. If a man demeans anything I do, I don't want him.
Go to Top of Page

knitting_physicist
Chatty Knitter

122 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  10:00:11 AM  Show Profile Send knitting_physicist a Private Message
Wow...I totally have the enabler husband too! He loves going with me to buy more yarn and will even ask when we are out doing errands," need any more yarn or knitting stuff?" Or my favorite, when I think I am done finding what I need, "do you need anything else, or is that all for now?" (and NOT in a sarcastic way!) Man...I love that guy.

-Sarah
No...gravitational physics makes the world go round.
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  11:23:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
My guy is totally an enabler, too. He asks me about projects all the time, and he even showed me a faster way of measuring and cutting fringe pieces! He doesn't really like the little bits of yarn that seem to get everywhere, though. He thinks everything I make is nice, which is good, because I think everything he makes (he can make some beautiful stuff with wood and steel - *bragging* he cut, curfed, welded, sanded, grinded, and painted our bedframe out of steel and someone who saw it offered him $800 for it!) is nice, too!

Proud member of the US Shawl/Wrap Olympic Knitting Team!
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

Dances with Needles
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  08:46:35 AM  Show Profile Send Dances with Needles a Private Message
"if you are going to marry me,
here's what you must do.
You mustlearn to make a perfect chicken dumpling stew.
You must develop the knack for scratching my back,
and keep my shoes spotlessly shined.
When it is raining or snowing you must shovel the walk,
And be still when I talk,
and,
hey! where are you going?"
walk out the door and don't look back dear he really isn't worh it.

DWN
Go to Top of Page

MissSilver
New Pal

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  11:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit MissSilver's Homepage Send MissSilver a Private Message
I guess I'm lucky. DH wears the sweaters I've made him although I did have to take one away and frog it since it was worn out and he was wearing it so he wouldn't wear out the new one that was as near to just like it as I could make it. He has half a houseful of photographic equipment and matted photographs plus a darkroom in the basement. The other half of the house is full of yarn and projects.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?