Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Embarrassing habits when admiring yarn
 The Low-Cut Booby Rub
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knittingkeri
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  8:56:00 PM  Show Profile Send knittingkeri a Private Message
I know i do it in the store, especially if its going to be a sweater. I want to know how it feels on my skin. If i'm not wearing something where i can be "discreet" about it, I throw caution to the wind and rub it on my tummy. I have goten weird looks and my fiancee always wanders off about then .... I wonder why? Am I the only one who does the booby rub? Have you ever seen anyone in the store doing it?

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  12:41:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
I have not done that. But I haven't bought yarn for a sweater. I will rub it on my neck though. I think it makes sense to rub it where you will wear it, as different parts of the body have different levels of sensitivity.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  2:14:41 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
[:00]....While this makes perfect sense to me, it still strikes me as a funny thing to see someone doing in a LYS.

Trish
Go to Top of Page

Valk_scot
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1281 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  3:00:35 PM  Show Profile Send Valk_scot a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by blwinteler

I think it makes sense to rub it where you will wear it, as different parts of the body have different levels of sensitivity.

Let`s hope you don`t make as much knitted underwear as your signature might suggest, Brandy!

Val.

[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_9_21.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

booglass
Permanent Resident

Costa Rica
1987 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  3:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit booglass's Homepage Send booglass a Private Message
I tend to use my cheek...........but that's just me. I say rub away!

bonnie

Check out my blog:
http://www.booglass.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

gibsongirl
Seriously Hooked

965 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  3:53:26 PM  Show Profile Send gibsongirl a Private Message
I tend to go for the neck-rub, as that's a fairly sensitive area that's typically exposed in public, anyway...I don't know if I could pull off putting the skein on my stomach!

-gibsongirl
Go to Top of Page

booglass
Permanent Resident

Costa Rica
1987 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  09:48:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit booglass's Homepage Send booglass a Private Message
Oh geez....and just to be clear I mean my face cheek! ;-)

Check out my blog:
http://www.booglass.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Inkmama
Seriously Hooked

891 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  2:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Inkmama's Homepage Send Inkmama a Private Message
Thanks for this laugh-out-loud thread.

Barbara

Writing blog: http://penonfire.blogspot.com

Knitting blog: http://knittingonfire.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Woodlander
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  11:29:09 PM  Show Profile Send Woodlander a Private Message
Ok, I admit it. I also rub yarn on my 'chest' and around my neck. I'm certainly NOT going to go to all the trouble of knitting something I can't stand the feel of when I put it on!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

Destiny
Warming Up

69 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  1:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Destiny's Homepage  Send Destiny a Yahoo! Message Send Destiny a Private Message
I but my handspun in the cress of my knee and watch TV withit there to see if it will itch
Go to Top of Page

iluvdeftones
Chatty Knitter

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  3:37:15 PM  Show Profile Send iluvdeftones a Private Message
[:00] I took my aunt and her friend shopping for yarn the other day so I could teach them how to knit. We kept rubbing the skeins on our necks because we were going to make scarfs and these older women kept giving us dirty looks. It made me laugh.

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
-Lewis Carroll
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  3:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Now I'm never going to rub any yarn against my neck or cheek for fear that someone rubbed her boobs against it. Ick.

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  6:24:58 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
I had some leftover Lamb's Pride from making a Christmas stocking last year. I was using it to wrpa presents. I wondered how it would feel in a sweater against the skin so I tucked a strand in my bra. And forgot aboutit. It came flying out when I was changing for bed. Fortunately DH was looking the other way.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

iluvdeftones
Chatty Knitter

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  10:52:46 PM  Show Profile Send iluvdeftones a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by achrisvet

I had some leftover Lamb's Pride from making a Christmas stocking last year. I was using it to wrpa presents. I wondered how it would feel in a sweater against the skin so I tucked a strand in my bra. And forgot aboutit. It came flying out when I was changing for bed. Fortunately DH was looking the other way.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

[:00]That sounds like something I would do!!!!!!!!!!

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
-Lewis Carroll
Go to Top of Page

shyclown
Warming Up

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  12:31:04 PM  Show Profile Send shyclown a Private Message
LOL! I'm gonna try the tummy/chest rub at my LYS just to see the reaction!

P in Tulsa, OK
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  2:48:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Atavistic

Now I'm never going to rub any yarn against my neck or cheek for fear that someone rubbed her boobs against it. Ick.

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."

Well, I know that my chest is at least as clean as my face. Heck, I have somewhat oily skin on my face but not my boobs, so I think it would be cleaner to rub on my chest than on my cheeks or neck. I know it seems icky to think someone rubbed yarn on her boobs, but it really isn't so bad when you think about it.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

KristiMetz
New Pal

43 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  10:36:45 AM  Show Profile Send KristiMetz a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Atavistic

I'm confounded by trying to figure out what is icky about it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe