Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Just Getting Started - Beginning to Spin
 Should I start with a hand spindle?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

firymist
Chatty Knitter

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  9:00:58 PM  Show Profile Send firymist a Private Message
I love to spindle! I haven't bought a wheel yet, but probably have about fifteen spindles. Different spindles work better with different fibers, don't ya know? I have a Kokovoko, a turkish, 3 quantum spindles, a babe, a navajo, and assorted no name spindles, low and high whorl. But however you prefer to spin, spin on.
Jessica in WA
Go to Top of Page

Anepasor
New Pal

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  07:22:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Anepasor's Homepage Send Anepasor a Private Message
I started in March with a drop spindle and roving bought from an Ebay store. I hated it at first. I could get the drafting concept and made a overly twisted, thick and thin yarn out of some very loving roving. I continued at it and bought another spindle. I then made my own. My drafting has significantly improved. I now can make a fine and even yarn. I just bought a Babe Production and the fact that I learned to draft onto a spindle was a big help in spinning on my new wheel. With any new craft or skill, it takes time to really get into it. Whether you start on a wheel or a spindle, you will have to grasp the concept of drafting while twisting. A spinning wheel is certainly easier and FASTER. Good luck.

Rosa
The curly haired knitting, spinning, and sewing mama.
Go to Top of Page

SpottedTApps
New Pal

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  4:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit SpottedTApps's Homepage Send SpottedTApps a Private Message
I started on a wheel, and have used a spindle, but find that it is way to slow for me, so I stick to the wheel. Come to think of it, I just don't like a spindle. [crazy]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?