Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Felting Talk
 Felting Books and Patterns
 Felted Clog Pattern
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

susanb
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  3:26:11 PM  Show Profile Send susanb a Private Message
I have been thinking about knitting the Fiber Trends felted clog pattern (AC-33x) but am unsure how easy/complicated it really is. I have read some of the comments about a lot of counting (no problem), but am not familiar with 'short rows' and how to do them. Unfortunately, my LYS does not carry the pattern so I cannot read it over myself. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated and I would be even more grateful if someone could point me to a website that carries the pattern and has reasonable shipping charges for just the one page! Thanks

Sabrina
Chatty Knitter

USA
341 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  3:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sabrina's Homepage Send Sabrina a Private Message
Go ahead and do it. All the stitches/techniques you need to do are described clearly. As an example, if someone says "short rows" to me, I'd probably hesitate, but the pattern says do a "wrap and turn" and describes how to do a wrap and turn - I've made 4 pair.
Go to Top of Page

twiggyann
Gabber Extraordinaire

427 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  3:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit twiggyann's Homepage Send twiggyann a Private Message
As long as you TRUST THE PATTERN (and this is one that is correct and you can trust it) and just blindly trust it, it's an easy knit. It will seem so so so wrong. But then all of a sudden -- it was a slipper.

I got mine from this ebay seller Her ebay id is lwf1985 and she a FAST and reasonably priced.

Lesley

Twig's Knitting Blog
Go to Top of Page

imamamaof2
Chatty Knitter

178 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  6:14:31 PM  Show Profile Send imamamaof2 a Private Message
I am a fairly new knitter and have just about finished my second pair. In fact, I knitted one clog in a couple of hours between church services this afternoon. It is great fun to watch the clog take shape. The instructions are very easy to follow.
As for where to get the pattern- not sure. I was lucky to find it at my lys.
Good Luck!
Go to Top of Page

theraknit
Chatty Knitter

USA
208 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  7:29:20 PM  Show Profile Send theraknit a Private Message
Go for it!!! I find the instructions to be well written and self explanatory. I made about a dozen pair last year for Christmas gifts...I'm promising myself a pair this year...haha.

I find that when I have to follow a pattern so closely by counting rows and stitches that I have more fun knitting. I usually use a counter for the rows (when my son is not around) or just use a pad and pen to keep track.

Good luck and enjoy.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

SpinaYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  9:31:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit SpinaYarn's Homepage Send SpinaYarn a Private Message
we sell the pattern at our booth at fairs, (and on our site)
I have found that ALL of fibertrends patterns are easy to read and flawless - Bev Galaskas (fiber trends owner) is fabulous about checking her patterns before they are printed.
I began doing these clogs when I was first knitting - and believe you me, they are easy!! Use a post-it to keep track of where you are in the pattern and you'll have NO trouble at all. The wrap 'n turn stitch is well defined on the pattern, and there is NO guesswork.
Go for it!! this is a great pattern for a relatively new knitter.. and so many of us have made it that we could help you in our sleep (or over the internet!) [:00]

knit with joy-
Teyani

www.http://intrepidfiberwizard.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by