Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Forum Feedback and Suggestion Box
 Sweater Forum
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  6:39:12 PM  Show Profile Send Karknit a Private Message
I would like to see a Sweater Forum. There is a forum for lace, socks and shawls etc., why not one just for sweaters.
I am knitting my first one and have some questions, and don't really know where to post them.
Just a thought
Thank you

karknit

My diet incentive, to knit smaller sweaters.

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  6:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Karknit, could you post it under one of these?

Completion Issues
http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=54

Stuck on a Pattern
http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=5

Or General Technique Questions
http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=13

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

Karknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  07:52:22 AM  Show Profile Send Karknit a Private Message
I guess I would like to have it all in one place, less confusing for me then.
Is there alot of sweater knitters on this forum?

karknit

Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  08:04:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Seems like it. I myself have knit more than two dozen in all shapes, sizes and styles and I've only been knitting for 4 years, so when you consider the range of experience on this forum....I think you can go ahead and ask away.

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

twiggyann
Gabber Extraordinaire

427 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  2:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit twiggyann's Homepage Send twiggyann a Private Message
I've put my sweater questions in General Techniques unless it was a pattern specific problem. Since most folks seem to use the "Active Topics" button to find new posts, I've found that I always get a good quick answer that saves me from pulling out my hair.

Lesley

Twig's Knitting Blog
Go to Top of Page

mljan
Warming Up

98 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  7:04:25 PM  Show Profile Send mljan a Private Message
Karknit, I agree that a sweater forum would be nice. Although you can ask a question in the General Techniques area and get it answered, for a person who wants to read about the techniques and problems in sweater knitting, it would be nice to have it all gathered together. I like to read about techniques before I try to knit the sweater.
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  7:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
The thing that that most techniques aren't specific to a project. Turning a heel? That's short rowing, which is used in sweaters made to fit women over a size B-cup (not often enough, but it is used). Matching decreasing, used all over the place. Working something in the round? Sweater, skirt, sock, hat... Which techniques are "sweater specific?"

Amanda

Go to Top of Page

Karknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  08:04:47 AM  Show Profile Send Karknit a Private Message
I want equal time for sweaters as there is for socks, lace, hats ect. Thats all. Could be the snob in me I don't know.
I would like to have a place to read only about sweaters.
About shaping, sizing, time involved, decreases in pattern, flat veres round, sleeve lenght,different types of sleeves, collar binding off, sewing seams, and on and on.

karknit

Go to Top of Page

metromaples
Seriously Hooked

USA
876 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  09:37:56 AM  Show Profile Send metromaples a Private Message
I agree with karknit. I'd like to see a sweater forum.

Jeri
Go to Top of Page

Karknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  12:27:45 PM  Show Profile Send Karknit a Private Message
Ok I have 2 votes.
Anymore sweater junkies out there?

karknit

Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  1:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Since we don't have a sweater forum, have you posted your questions elsewhere yet? Or have I just missed them?

Amanda

Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  2:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
As respectfully, timidly, and non-yellingly as I can, I'd like to remind you that this is not a democracy, so how many votes doesn't really matter.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

KarenB
Seriously Hooked

750 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  7:12:32 PM  Show Profile Send KarenB a Private Message
True. It's actually an oligarchy with a Suggestion Box.

I would love to see a sweater forum, too. (Not a vote! Just a suggestion!)

Karen
My knitting photos: http://photobucket.com/albums/a100/karenknits/
My blog: http://dispatchesfromtheinterior.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mljan
Warming Up

98 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  7:58:33 PM  Show Profile Send mljan a Private Message
Very funny, Rosebyany.
Amanda, you have a good point that most techniques are common to all knitting. It's because of reading questions on technique that I'm now interested in knitting socks, though I haven't yet.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe