Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Felting Talk
 Best yarns and fibers for felting
 Anyone use Quatro or Pastaza for Clogs?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2395 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  08:06:41 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
I'm wondering if I need two strands for either of these yarns. Seems like I read somewhere that, since these two yarns are thicker than Cascade 220, you can use one strand where it calls for two. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

Just made/felted my first clog (it was so huge I wanted to felt the first one to make sure it would work). The woman's size M fits my husband's size 11 feet. Guess I'll be making most in woman's small. The sole is okay but the upper part seems awfully wide and big. A few adjustments will have to be made for the ladies on my list. It went a lot faster than I expected, though. Thanks for reading and, hopefully, answering the first part of this post.

knittyref
Chatty Knitter

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  9:56:09 PM  Show Profile Send knittyref a Private Message
I've never used Quatro for a felted project, but I have used the Pastaza. The Pastaza I used was the same size (worsted weight) as the Cascade 220. I would still use 2 strands of what I've seen. I love the feel of the Pastaza, and it felts quite nicely. Be warned, however, it does have a lot of halo after felting, and you may find it necessary to shave your clogs.

Di
www.knittyref.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

407 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  07:39:58 AM  Show Profile Send kknitter a Private Message
On the clogs I made, I had to keep pulling the clog out of the washer and stretching the sole, while allowing the top to felt more.

And the two strands together makes a nicer, firmer clog.

Can you still felt the one you made more? Mine took longer than what I consider "normal" felting time to get it down to the size it was supposed to be.
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2395 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  09:06:26 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
The one I made fits my husband so he's taking ownership of that pair. I think I'll use Paton's Classic Wool on the new pair. It has always felted quicker and tighter than the Cascade 220 so I'll use the women's medium pattern for the first pair I try with Paton's.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe