Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Delurking
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

purlychick
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  07:35:37 AM  Show Profile Send purlychick a Private Message
Hello!
Knitter in a Chicago suburb here, finally signing up today after lurking for a week or two. Great place! I'm looking forward to joining in the talk. I've been knitting for a long time, but I've had some off years. Finally about 6 years ago, when my daughter was little, I picked it up again for good. I love to knit but I have a UFO infestation, a yarn infestation and a serious case of startitis. I don't really want to be cured of these diseases, though. Okay, maybe I need help with my UFO infestation and how to get myself to finish things .

KellyKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1608 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  07:55:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit KellyKnits's Homepage Send KellyKnits a Private Message
Welcome to the forums what suburb are you in? I'm in Vernon Hills.

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

kknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

407 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  09:00:25 AM  Show Profile Send kknitter a Private Message
I can't help cure you of startitis or yarn stashing or even the UFO problem. But I can say Hi and Welcome!
Go to Top of Page

purlychick
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  09:30:01 AM  Show Profile Send purlychick a Private Message
Thank you for the welcome! I'm in Downers Grove.
Go to Top of Page

knitkin
New Pal

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  10:03:00 AM  Show Profile Send knitkin a Private Message
Hi and welcome ... I only joined 2 days ago.
I understand that startitis can only be curred with completitis. I took the cure when I wouldn't allow myself to start another project with out finishing the one I was working on. No UFO sightings around here anymore.
If or when I don't like the way my project is going I unravel it all and save the yarn for later.
Haven't found a cure for stash-itis though. However, I feel warmer because I have yarn around, do you understand this comfort?
Go to Top of Page

knittingdoc
Warming Up

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  12:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit knittingdoc's Homepage  Send knittingdoc a Yahoo! Message Send knittingdoc a Private Message
Hi, purlychick! Welcome! I used to live in Chicago-Evanston-Riverside-Lombard-Villa Park, but now I live in Maine. My family are still out there so we travel back frequently. Where can I do some yarn shopping around the suburbs? I need a place to relax when visiting family.:) We recently visited friends in Villa Park and ate at Costas. (I miss going out to Greek and Mexican restaurants.)

Happy knitting!
Mary
Go to Top of Page

knitabit33
Seriously Hooked

742 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  1:25:50 PM  Show Profile Send knitabit33 a Private Message
Hello and welcome KR is fun. Be sure to see the fireworks on the
political discussions.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

purlychick
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  8:04:00 PM  Show Profile Send purlychick a Private Message
MaryinMaine: There's some great yarn places around, although I haven't been to all of them yet. Yeah, what's wrong with me? Right here in Downers there's Knitche, near the Fox River Mall in Aurora I recently found a place called Fringe and in Naperville I know there is a store called Kool Knits (haven't been to this one yet, though). These are all extremely dangerous places :-).

I have issues with completitis. I get very excited about a pattern, I love it, I start on it right away, the love affair lasts a few days while I knit like a demon and then.... there it ends, unless I manage to find some enthusiasm again for the project at a later time. The only things I seem to finish are smaller things that end before I loose my enthusiasm. Looks like I have a terminal case! LOL
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  5:53:08 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums and glad to have you with us.

I'm sure you will find many friendly and happy people who enjoy the same things you do.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.