Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Obsessive Knitter. Yarn Addict.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

atwistedyarn
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  9:49:31 PM  Show Profile Send atwistedyarn a Private Message
Hey everyone!

I'm so happy to have found this forum, and am looking forward to joining in on all this knitterly talk! I tried to learn knitting several times throughout my life, but only when I took up the needles a couple years ago did the knowing finally transfer into my fingers. Over the last year I've fallen more and more in love with the process, the creativity, the community and ohtheyarnyarnyarnyarn! I really can't get enough. I've worked my way through fun fur scarves to simple lace to sweaters, and have finally started working out some very simple sweater patterns of my own design. My obsession grows, and I have visions of yarn and sweater details dancing in my head each night as I go to sleep...and yes...I do dream about yarn....alot..

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to chat about yarn and patterns and tools and fiber and....

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  10:34:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
Hi Deb, welcome to KR! Plenty of yarnaholics here... who won't help you quit :)

I'd love to see pictures of the sweaters you designed. I'm still following patterns when it comes to sweaters!

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

ecrisher
Warming Up

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  04:56:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit ecrisher's Homepage  Send ecrisher a Yahoo! Message Send ecrisher a Private Message
Welcome Deb! Welcome to the Yarn Addicts Forum, oh I mean Knitters Review Forum... Yep lots of yarn addicts here. Everyone will tell you "You're gonna LOVE it here"!

Enjoy,
ec

GO STEELERS!!!!!

check out my knitting at www.woodnknots.com/Knots.html
Go to Top of Page

queenmaxine
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  06:16:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit queenmaxine's Homepage Send queenmaxine a Private Message
I keep a journal and pen right next to the bed so I can write those creative thoughts down whatever little sense they might make. If I write before I get out of bed and sometimes before I even open my eyes and put my glasses on, I find I really get a lot from it. It is amazing to me when I then transcribe these little notes to myself a few weeks later what then spins out of them.

I also do this with yoga and meditation as the visions float by while meditating. Jot it down, then move on to poses. MY yogi thinks I am a bit nuts, but does that have to be disputed, really?

My blog is not strictly knitting, but there are occasional WIP updates and frustration or bragging rants as I am a new knitter.

www.nolanoni.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LuvYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
424 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  08:05:44 AM  Show Profile Send LuvYarn a Private Message
Welcome, you are in good company. We are all yarn addicts here!
Go to Top of Page

atwistedyarn
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  10:51:25 AM  Show Profile Send atwistedyarn a Private Message
Thanks for the welcome! Sorry it's taken me so long to reply.

Minh, I don't have a blog yet, and am still a bit of a novice when it comes to posting things. Is there any way to post pictures so you could take a look if I don't have a blog?

QueenMaxine, hanks for the advice. I keep meaning to do something like that, and it's good to hear it's so effective. I think I'll have to go dig out a notebook. I also really like the idea of writing down whatever it is, no matter how strange, and seeing what emerges. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  11:05:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
Hi Deb,

I think that you can post your knitting pictures on a hosting website like flickr.com or snapfish.com
(Most of these sites give you an account for free, you upload your digital pictures from your computer and you could give us the link to your album).

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

JaniceV
Chatty Knitter

USA
338 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  5:36:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit JaniceV's Homepage  Send JaniceV a Yahoo! Message Send JaniceV a Private Message
Weocome Deb, my name is Janice and I am a yarnaholic.

Janicev

"Life is not counted by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of times your breath is taken away"
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  5:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
Deb, welcome to KR from another Debbie. All yarn addicts- I mean yarn lovers- are welcome here. You will definitely be encouraged to try new things.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crzyboutyarn
Seriously Hooked

USA
792 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  10:05:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit crzyboutyarn's Homepage Send crzyboutyarn a Private Message
I love buying yarn to, that is my favorite thing to do, I am in my LYS almost everyday buying yarn.

~Courtney
cmquintana1@yahoo.com
http://crzyboutcrochet.blogspot.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sacknit_crochet/
Citrus Heights/Sacramento
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  5:52:12 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Deb,

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums and glad to have you with us.

I'm sure you will find many friendly and happy people who enjoy the same things you do.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

atwistedyarn
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  5:54:04 PM  Show Profile Send atwistedyarn a Private Message
Hey everyone!

My sweetie uploaded some of my knitting pics to his website so I can share them. I'm so glad one of knows about these things!

This is a pic of my first design attempt for my nephew who should arrive right around Christmas time! The sweater is my design, and the blanket behind it, is the pattern from the first SnB book using Lion Brand Homespun instead of double stranded Koigu.
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/doscher/knitting/baby_sweater_01.jpg

This is a real simple little dude sweater for the next oldest nephew.
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/doscher/knitting/toddler_sweater_01.jpg

This last one is a little cable stitched cardi for my niece. I still need to put the zipper in, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The two pattern stitches are from Barbara Walker's first collection of stitch patterns.
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/doscher/knitting/child_sweater_01.jpg
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/doscher/knitting/child_sweater_detail_01.jpg

All the kiddos are allergic to wool, so all three are made out of cotton, acrylic or some sort of blend. I figured their mom would also appreciate the easy care aspects, but I'm really happy to be getting back into my wool and silk and alpaca yarn.

I'd love to hear anyone's comments and suggestions on sweater design. I'm really having fun with it. Right now, my imagination is outstripping my ability, but I'm having alot of fun while I learn.

Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome!
Deb
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  9:06:37 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
Deb, Welcome. Your sweaters are lovely, and those kids are lucky to have an Auntie that knits for them. Happy knitting, Chayah in NY

(Another obsessed knitter who spent all day making a hat instead of doing pre-Thanksgiving work!)
Go to Top of Page

mljan
Warming Up

98 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  10:35:26 AM  Show Profile Send mljan a Private Message
Welcome, Deb. What great sweaters! I think the one for your niece is especially attractive for its understatement. It has just enough decorative stitching to be interesting, but isn't overdone, and would work well with a high interest yarn. Also it wouldn't be too difficult for a slightly advanced beginner like me. Love that pattern.
How do you make your designs? Do you use Sweater Wizard or other software, or modify a written pattern, or figure it out from scratch??
I'm continually impressed by the talent on this forum.
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  6:56:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
Welcome Deb. This is a great place! You'll enjoy it and learn sooooo much!

~~~~Jamye
Go to Top of Page

crzyboutyarn
Seriously Hooked

USA
792 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  9:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit crzyboutyarn's Homepage Send crzyboutyarn a Private Message
Welcome Deb, you are among many yarn addicts.....Me being one of them.....

~Courtney
http://crzyboutcrochet.blogspot.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sacknit_crochet/
www.frogpondknits.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth