Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 What are you reading now?
 NaNoWriMo Novel
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mermaid Knits
Permanent Resident

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  05:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mermaid Knits's Homepage Send Mermaid Knits a Private Message
Hello everyone;
This year I am writing my second novel, via nanowrimo.org a wonderful initiative. Basically within the month of November the challenge is to write a complete novel of at least 50,000 words.

I was successful last year and have entered this year's challenge with relish. So far I have 12,503 words. My main character is a knitwear designer who lands her first job with a production mill.

Wish me luck!
Arctic-mermaid

lucienh
Honorary Angel

919 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  06:12:54 AM  Show Profile Send lucienh a Private Message
Good luck! I'm trying it for my first year this year, and there seem to be several of us out there. I want to read yours. I have a secondary character who knits, but she used a cheap acrylic for a project and it got ruined when someone dropped a cigarette on it. That'll teach her.
Go to Top of Page

Mermaid Knits
Permanent Resident

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  6:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mermaid Knits's Homepage Send Mermaid Knits a Private Message
Ha! I Like that. Cheap Acrylic bah! Well, one day I hope to have this one in good enough shape to share. My novel from last year is still not editted completely. It was a rough year, with my mother being very ill and then passing away, so I just didn't get any steam going. But I'm resolved now to get last year's finished so that it can be offered out to publishing companies.

My knit wear designer is busily working on her first collection and yes, it's based on cables. I'm having a blast writing it and picturing the designs that she is dreaming up. Only think is, I keep wanting to stop and sketch them out, and even start swatching!! But for this month anywyas, the focus is writing.
lucienh how's your going? I'm about halfway done.
All the best, arctic-mermaid
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  06:15:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I'm doing one too, but life has happened (as it is wont to do) and I've barely been able to touch it. No where close to 12k!!! Hopefully some of this mess settles down and I can give it some solid work by the end of the month. I'm sure I wont' "win" but I love the idea of NaNoWriMo so I think I'll do it next year too!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

KellyKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1608 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  06:59:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit KellyKnits's Homepage Send KellyKnits a Private Message
I did some catching up this weekend though I'm still behind!

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Mermaid Knits
Permanent Resident

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  7:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mermaid Knits's Homepage Send Mermaid Knits a Private Message
That's so cool that there are a few of us doing the novel this year. Good luck everyone. I'm up tot 38803 words and feeling good about my writing.

What are you all writing about?
Arctic-mermaid
Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  8:05:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by RoseByAny

I'm doing one too, but life has happened (as it is wont to do) and I've barely been able to touch it.

Same with me- I trashed my first beginnings and had a new one laid out, but meh...

So yeah I'm a total complete failure with NaNoWriMo.

Back to short stories for me, I guess.

~Sarah Elizabeth
 Spinners make the world go round.
Keep on knitting on!
~did I do something wrong, or has the world always been like this and I've been too wrapped up in myself to notice~
http://knitonespintoo.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

lucienh
Honorary Angel

919 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  07:11:32 AM  Show Profile Send lucienh a Private Message
Congratulations to all Nano knittters. Do you find that the two areas sort of slop over into each other? I plot while I'm knitting, and then yesterday while I was typing I suddenly realized what I was doing wrong on the cables. (I didn't stop typing, and by the time I finished, it was gone.)
We need a virtual 50,000 word knit-in.
Go to Top of Page

Mermaid Knits
Permanent Resident

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  05:23:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mermaid Knits's Homepage Send Mermaid Knits a Private Message
Cool idea lucienh. Sorry you lost your solution whilst knitting. The only bad thing about nano is that I have less time for knitting. But I find this writing exercise to be so valuable to me, I am willing to cut back on knitting a bit. Still, I will have a tabel at a Christmas Craft Sale in four days time, with plenty of knit scarves and toques and such.
Go to Top of Page

Mermaid Knits
Permanent Resident

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  7:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mermaid Knits's Homepage Send Mermaid Knits a Private Message
Hi Everyone;
You can't see but I ma doing my happy dance. happy happy. I made it past th e 50k word mark tonight. Oh yeah. The wine does taste sweeter.

Good luck to everyone else. MAy you all reach your goals!
Arctic-mermaid
Go to Top of Page

amaknda
Chatty Knitter

159 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  11:24:46 PM  Show Profile Send amaknda a Private Message
I finished my third one today. I won't be showing it to anyone but it certainly is good therapy (just like knitting).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe