Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Spinning Techniques
 Need a Random Spinning Topic! Seasonal spinning?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2005 :  1:45:50 PM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
I have been thinking our season (in the North) during the fall has moved rapidly from scouring fleece to dyeing and spinning and that is why the spinning area is being neglected. Maybe everyone has their yarn on the needles and loom for their holiday projects already? As for me, I still have one to start spinning...ok, I have a little box of rolags and 1/2 a bobbin on my wheel, but that is nothing! Lots to do for a whole cardigan/jumper. How about everyone else? Is your spinning done on your projects?

Andy-wommon

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2049 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2005 :  4:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message
I haven't spun for years but am thinking of stating again. Still, I will have to find a source for fleese and this isn't the time of year for that! How about a topic called Random Spinning Chit Chat?

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

Lanthir
Warming Up

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  07:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lanthir's Homepage Send Lanthir a Private Message
Man, I don't plan stuff ahead really. I just mess around and wind up with more yarn than I know what to do with...
I suck. (x_x)

"And we shall call it 'This Land'"
Firefly
Go to Top of Page

petiteflower
Chatty Knitter

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  3:48:56 PM  Show Profile Send petiteflower a Private Message
I live in Michigan and we have been having a long drawn-out fall. The colors just peaked earlier this week and now the leaves are drifting down like they should. I am still scouring fleece, every nice day we get! I had 3 mohair fleeces that I bought from a friend and they are taking me a bit of time to work on because they are pretty chaffy and have too many second cuts. The fiber itself is very nice. All three fleeces are different shades of gray. Before them I washed a beautiful coopworth fleece also in gray that was a breeze to sort through and work on. I wash fleeces out in my barn where I have the coolest makeshift dying kitchen that I would really prefer for living in over the house if it were insulated!

I get in at least an hour of spinning daily because my feet need the excercise. I sometimes have a plan for the fiber and resultant yarn, but just as often have no plan or sometimes the best laid plan oft goes awry. Right now though and pretty much all summer I have not been knitting. This is pretty unusual for me, I always have at least a portable project going for those times when I'm otherwise twiddling my thumbs. But I guess I'm going through a little phase. I've been trying this week to get a shawl started from some coopworth that I scoured, handcarded, spun and dyed, but I haven't settled on a design for sure and wasn't satisfied with the first swatch I did. I am very much sold on shawls that have shoulder shaping so that they stay put on my dinky shoulders without being pinned in the front, while I fly around in my power wheelchair at 8 miles per hour. People around my little town call me "speedy".
Go to Top of Page

SpinaYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2005 :  09:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit SpinaYarn's Homepage Send SpinaYarn a Private Message
I spin the most in the fall and the winter - lately have been spinning Chasing Rainbows Bombyx/ Merino for some customers who wanted to buy handspun yarn... sigh... my own shetland and cashgora fiber sits waiting, and seems to take the back seat to other fiber spinning lately.
Perhaps one of these days I'll get a little more time ! (more than 24 hours in a day?!)

knit with joy-
Teyani

www.http://intrepidfiberwizard.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by