Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Errata in Knitting Patterns
 Handknit Holidays errata?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

brown-eyed purl
Chatty Knitter

182 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  10:04:58 AM  Show Profile Send brown-eyed purl a Private Message
Although, that said, you reminded me, Melinda. DH's foot is bigger than the bigger size (only up to men's 9) so I'm just adding inches to the foot area before the toe. I'm hoping that this'll work (and I think for socks just for keeping feet off cold wood floors they'll be fine) though if they don't fit him, I might be persuaded to wear them!
Did anyone else think men's size 9 was a bit small to stop at for an adult male sock?
Go to Top of Page

SaintJay
Chatty Knitter

113 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  6:58:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit SaintJay's Homepage Send SaintJay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by brown-eyed purl
Did anyone else think men's size 9 was a bit small to stop at for an adult male sock?

I sure did!

Odder still, the sock pattern gives specific sizes but then the instructions for the foot length say to knit until it's 2.5 inches shorter than you want it to be! I actaully was trying to knit a size 9 sock and didn't expect to have to stop and measure my foot!

It's pretty easy to adjust to other sizes, but I agree that it's odd that the instructions only listed a very limited number of sizes.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.75 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?