Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Dyeing Discussion
 Using Kool-Aid
 I dyed the dog!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  4:57:04 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
I dyed my brother's dog blue, its neat, i used food coloring. He was fidgity so it's not very even. Don't worry, no animals were harmed in the process, its so neat. But I would definitely reccomend dying the fiber when its OFF the animal, much easier lol.

-Katie

"I remember when getting high meant swinging at the playgrounds. The worst thing you could get from a boy was cooties. Race issues were who could run the fastest. The only thing you smoked was the tires on your bike. Life was so simple and carefree, but the thing I remember the most was wanting to grow up."
-Unknown

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  5:08:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I used to work at a horse farm that would dye the white draft horses for holidays - we'd draw straws to see who had to dye the back end of one guy who was a notorious kicker. But his front would be red, we'd leave his belly white, and dye his rump and hind legs blue every fourth of july. Green for St. Pats.... it was fun....

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

knottyknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
3702 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  6:16:45 PM  Show Profile Send knottyknitter a Private Message
I know a woman who is a dog groomer who enters some strange competitions, using her little tiny poodle as a model. Last time I saw him, he was dyed to look like a football (he's football sized too). I thought he looked rather silly.
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  7:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
Too bad my cat is gray. It would be great to dye her for Halloween. We could dye Miss Kitty (MIL's cat), but she is not a nice kitty. It would be dangerous to try to dye her.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  8:09:06 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
My brother's cat has white "socks", but he isn't too fond of me, so I think I'll leave him alone lol. Oh and I told my half brother (owner of the now blue poodle) that I wouldn't use the microwave or stovetop dyeing method, he's an artsy person so he knew what I meant, my step-mother looked very scared at that point, her poodles are brown, so no fun there lol.

-Katie

"I remember when getting high meant swinging at the playgrounds. The worst thing you could get from a boy was cooties. Race issues were who could run the fastest. The only thing you smoked was the tires on your bike. Life was so simple and carefree, but the thing I remember the most was wanting to grow up."
-Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  8:33:07 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Pinky, is this going to get you sent to your room?

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  05:52:17 AM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message
Pinky- You are my kind of gal! I used to paint my English bulldogs toenails-OPI Kennebunkport Red was her favorite color. She also liked to wear her Reindeer antlers for Christmas. They seem to know when they look "special". KL
Go to Top of Page

Boogie
Permanent Resident

USA
3073 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  12:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boogie's Homepage Send Boogie a Private Message
haha
I once dyed my mom's Dlamation rainbow colors with food dye. She was stylin' for weeks :)

amy
http://theboogerblog.blogspot.com
http://www.spunkyhats.com
Go to Top of Page

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1350 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  12:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message
Do we get to see pictures?

Jayme
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  1:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
you dyed the dalmatian?
oh my.....
Kiss was accidently colorfully spotted once.....
she helped with the easter eggs.....
and Ace another dalmatian.......who didn't have many spots was 'helped' by one of 'his' kids,..... Christofer who was 5 at the time.....
oye
vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

Boogie
Permanent Resident

USA
3073 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  5:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boogie's Homepage Send Boogie a Private Message
I'll have to see if I can find pictures of it.
The dog thought she was pretty!
She loved all the extra attention she got.

amy
http://theboogerblog.blogspot.com
http://www.spunkyhats.com
Go to Top of Page

myshelle10
Permanent Resident

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  09:52:13 AM  Show Profile Send myshelle10 a Private Message
That's adorable.. I would never have thought to do that to a pet as a kid... (or now)... but for most pets, anything that gives them extra attention is probably good :)

Myshelle10
Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  6:03:57 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
it seems that the dog's mother isn't very happy...the dog's father said I could. That's my story and I'm stickin to it. If you would like pictures leave me a PM and I'll email them, me and photobucket are having time away from each other... lol.

-Katie

-Unknown

Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  09:53:05 AM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
Love it! I may have to get a poodle that I can dye...[

Shirley Ryan, living in Dana Point, CA

...and dance like no one is watching!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic