Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Suggest a poll
 How many hours a day do you knit?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  7:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
I average about three hours a day - more on weekends.

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  7:46:21 PM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
Maybe an hour or two a day, also more on weekends. If there's a good movie or a sporting event on the tube, like a hockey game (go Avs!), I will knit during the duration. My stash is getting bigger and bigger. Must mean that I need to watch more sports!

Speaking of which, I need to go back and watch the 3rd period of the hockey game.
Go to Top of Page

BoiseBoy
Warming Up

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  8:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit BoiseBoy's Homepage Send BoiseBoy a Private Message
Hopefully an hour a day...but take away my computer and I'd do a lot more.

Ed (with 3, count'em 3, unfinished objects...unheard of!)

The Antidote
"...giving Hype a complete physical exam"
Your weekly natural cure reality check

www.edrabin.blogspot.com
Dr. Ed Rabin, Chiropractor, Boise, Idaho www.edrabin.com
Go to Top of Page

slaggyc
Permanent Resident

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  8:31:58 PM  Show Profile Send slaggyc a Private Message
Wow, I feel like a slacker! I'm lucky if I can even get in 15 minutes on a weekday. I may do 1 or 2 hours over the weekend. No wonder I hardly ever complete anything!

Chelsey

Go to Top of Page

hisue51
Chatty Knitter

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  8:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Send hisue51 a Yahoo! Message Send hisue51 a Private Message
I try to knit during All My Children and in the evenings while watching TV. So maybe I knit 1-3 hours Monday through Friday. I try to keep at least one small project going to carry with me. Today I worked on a baby cap while having my car washed, also while waiting in the bank drive through, and then in line at Jack in the Box while I was picking up lunch.
Sue

Life is short, eat more chocolate.
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  04:03:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
I have to admit, COgirl, that now that the Red Sox are out of the pennant race, I'm not getting as much knitting done. And sitting here at the computer takes time away from my knitting too Ed. Sue - can you knit and eat chocolate at the same time? LOL

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

trekcelt
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  05:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit trekcelt's Homepage Send trekcelt a Private Message
I cram in as much knitting as I can; in the line at the drive up teller, while the little one is napping, in the car if the DH is driving (he thinks I am obsessed - but so far he is the only one telling me I am freaking out so I am not ready for option 2 and he is probably wrong ).

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

FO: 18, WIP: 2
trek's blog

"As for me and my house..."
Go to Top of Page

plath
Gabber Extraordinaire

460 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  06:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit plath's Homepage Send plath a Private Message
It really depends on how much tv I watch in a day-- I always knit while watching tv, so Wednesday and Thursday nights I get the most ;) Maybe a couple hours a day.

http://www.plath.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marjotse
Permanent Resident

Sweden
1018 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  06:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit marjotse's Homepage Send marjotse a Private Message
I knit mainly on the bus to and from work. So that is 2 x 30 minutes. Sometimes I can have another 1/2 hour in the evening when reading to my eldest daughter but that is that....

best regards

Marjolein
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  06:14:42 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
COgirl, so nice to see another hockey fan here! I often feel like the only one. My current hockey knitting is dish cloths as they're easy to stop and start anywhere. Important for when I drop my knitting to yell at refs!

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

NCmusiclady
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
541 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  07:05:23 AM  Show Profile Send NCmusiclady a Private Message
I get anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours during the week - and up to 4 hours or more per day on the weekends. Factors depend on the brain-dead factor. Some evenings I come in and I'm so dead tired I can't imagine making a stitch (which may end up in frogging)and other evenings - like last night - I was so very tired, but thought - "Maybe it will help me relax and get to sleep." So I stitched a few rows which turned into a few more and then there went an hour. Had to FORCE myself to stop in order to sleep.

I too, carry my knitting with me in the car - and knit during really long red lights. No man, no kids and no pets - so I have to drive myself! That would be another great reason to find a man and "settle down." So I could knit while someone else drives!

We're all Hurricane fans around here - and are happy they're back in business. But I can't imagine knitting during a hockey game - or a basketball (another favorite around here) - the games move so fast and they're very exciting!
Go to Top of Page

MoBarger
Chatty Knitter

311 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  07:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit MoBarger's Homepage Send MoBarger a Private Message
I try to knit in the morning over coffee but sometimes I have too many other things to do. Then I try to get some in at night watching tv but some days I am beat! The other night I was knitting in my sleep! Too bad I purled where I should have knit, I had to rip everything out the next day.

Mo Barger, close to Ithaca, NY
My Journal
Fiber Site for upstate NY'ers
Go to Top of Page

twiggyann
Gabber Extraordinaire

427 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  07:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit twiggyann's Homepage Send twiggyann a Private Message
Another hockey knitter here. GO RANGERS! We have our satellite service turned off after the playoffs and turned back on at the beginning of the season so I can get NHL Center Ice and see all their games since I'm out of their market. I did find the other day when satellite went out that I got more knitting done when I listened to the broadcast on the computer than when I'm actually *watching* the game on tv.

Other than that, I work at home and don't have human children so I tend to knit several hours a day.

Lesley

Twig's Knitting Blog
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4157 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  08:18:34 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
On a good weekday, two hours, on a bad one, fifteen minutes. On the weekends I do tend to get a couple good hours in per day, especially now that I can knit and read simultaneously.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MoBarger
Chatty Knitter

311 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  08:31:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit MoBarger's Homepage Send MoBarger a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kbshee
...especially now that I can knit and read simultaneously.

OK I give up -- how do you turn pages??!! [crazy]

Mo Barger, close to Ithaca, NY
My Journal
Fiber Site for upstate NY'ers
Go to Top of Page

PatriciaG
Chatty Knitter

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  11:06:30 AM  Show Profile Send PatriciaG a Private Message
Between 0 and 15 minutes on weeknights, maybe 1 hour on weekends. If we are going on a car trip, I get in more knitting time as my husband always drives.

A golf trip to Reno this weekend - about 2 hours of knitting each way!

Patrica in West Sac., CA.

"How did I get over the hill without getting up to the top"
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  11:07:16 AM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
I'm sort of unsystematic about it and get from none to 3 or 4 hours, maybe more if I cloister myself away and refuse to respond to man or beast! Which happens!

Andy-wommon
Go to Top of Page

wittyknits
Chatty Knitter

109 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  2:21:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit wittyknits's Homepage Send wittyknits a Private Message
Probably about 2-3 hours, more if I can get away from the office long enough to knit at lunch. And way more on weekends, or if my social time is at bars (where I have no qualms about pulling a sock out of my bag and working while I chat).
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  8:11:18 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by twiggyann

I did find the other day when satellite went out that I got more knitting done when I listened to the broadcast on the computer than when I'm actually *watching* the game on tv.

Do you have a "Game in an Hour" re-broadcast? We do and I love it because that way I can listen to the game and then watch it!

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

Bullmonty
Seriously Hooked

814 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  8:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bullmonty's Homepage Send Bullmonty a Private Message
not enough! wahhhhhh!

The Maniacal Multitasker
[img]http://www.bensonassoc.com/pct/p09/mom_baby.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

twiggyann
Gabber Extraordinaire

427 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  10:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit twiggyann's Homepage Send twiggyann a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by mokey

Do you have a "Game in an Hour" re-broadcast? We do and I love it because that way I can listen to the game and then watch it!

Never heard of that. I'm having a conniption fit because satellite was down again tonight and we actually WON for a change. I'm breaking down and getting a cable box tomorrow for my cable (we have cable only for local channels) and if we can't get the Dish repointed on Saturday, I'll be calling Comcast to get them to give me NHL Center Ice on the cable box and tell DirecTV to stuff it. (We've always had a really good reception -- all I can think of is that the Dish is misaligned or something.)

Back to the subject -- I have a bookholder somewhere but haven't been able to find it since we moved about 5 years ago. Or I would read while I knit. We still have boxes we haven't unpacked from that move. For that matter, we still have boxes we haven't unpacked since we came back to the states in 1989. *laugh*

SOOOOO sorry for the thread hijack!

Lesley

Twig's Knitting Blog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.73 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth