Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 What are you reading now?
 Breath of Snow and Ashes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shelob
Chatty Knitter

187 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  07:16:46 AM  Show Profile Send Shelob a Private Message
I completely broke down and spent more than a month's worth of "fun" money to get this on CD. I'm all in an uproar and have started the novel -- I've been fond of these characters since day-one, and I really love the fact that the series has continued the Claire/Jamie Fraizier romance with the characters well into their 50's.

The anticipation of trying to figure out just HOW they will avoid getting caught in the crossfire of the American Revolution and HOW they will avoid dying in a fire is well constructed and keeps me on pins and needles. If they actually die in the fire Bree and Roger read about, I don't think I'll ever forgive Gabaldon -- those damned stones have to be good another time!

~Shelob

The morn is up again, the dewy morn
With breath all incense, and with cheek all bloom,
Laughing the clouds away with playful scorn,
And living as if earth contain'd no tomb --

--Byron Childe Harold's Pilgrimage 3.98

http://caution-blind-driver.blogspot.com/

eastofeden
Chatty Knitter

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2005 :  12:11:29 PM  Show Profile Send eastofeden a Private Message
Just finished this one last week. Now to go back and read all the others in this series again....one after the other. I love the world & bits of history that are woven into these novels. I guess it is the details and the fact that these stories do not gloss over or romantize how hard is was to live in the mid - late 1700's.

I know that I love visiting places like Williamsburg..and it is the details of ordinary life that fascinate me.

Of course a kilted red-heided Highlander also holds a certain appeal as well.
Go to Top of Page

Dicksie
Permanent Resident

USA
1995 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  1:46:55 PM  Show Profile Send Dicksie a Private Message
I have just finished this. I have to say it is probably the most satisfying of the series, and if you can read the final ten pages without a lump in your throat ........ I too will go back and reread the series, I think it's for the fourth time. As an aside, I am a descendant of the Lovat Frasers, my 5-times great-grandfather was kidnapped off the streets of Paisley in 1707 at the age of 7 and sold as an indentured servant. When he fulfilled the terms of his indenture, he married the farmer's daughter, and inherited the farm!

http://tourdirector.smugmug.com/gallery/529635
Go to Top of Page

lucienh
Honorary Angel

919 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  05:57:12 AM  Show Profile Send lucienh a Private Message
Just finished it. Liked it better than the last, can't wait for the next.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe