Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Online Shops - Questions and Favorites
 Cashmere at ColourMartUK
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momo
Seriously Hooked

635 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  5:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Momo's Homepage Send Momo a Private Message
Just in case anyone was wondering about this seller I bought 2 skeins of fingering weight cashmere from them and I have to say that it was a great experience.

1) They emailed me to tell me that they were shipping out the yarn a bit late because they washed it and it took a bit longer to dry than expected (great communication: check)

2)The overseas shipping was free and the yarn price was cheap (great value: check)

3) The yarn came in under a week and was packaged very nicely with each skein in it's own sealed plastic bag inside the airmail pouch. (great shipping: check)

4) They yarn is as pictures and super soft. I haven't knitted it up yet, but I have petted it a bunch (great yarn: check)

You can see the yarn in my blog entry here: http://kungfuknitting.blogspot.com/2005/09/silk-and-cashmere.html

Cheers,

Charc

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  7:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
The yarn is very nice, Charc. I've seen their ads both here and on eBay and wondered how the yarn was. What you bought, nutmeg, looks great. How much did you buy? (yards per skein?)

Barbara
http://graniterose.livejournal.com/
If YOU don't talk to your CAT about catnip, who will?
Go to Top of Page

Momo
Seriously Hooked

635 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  8:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Momo's Homepage Send Momo a Private Message
Hi Barbara. I bought two skeins at 250 yards per skein. I am going to make a scarf with it.

Charc
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  7:13:32 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
When did you order yours? I wonder i fmine is sitting in my office, having arrived while I was at Stitches. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Anita
My completed projects
Go to Top of Page

Momo
Seriously Hooked

635 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  06:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momo's Homepage Send Momo a Private Message
Well I ordered on the 15th. They mailed on the 17th and it arrived on the 22nd I think.

Cheers,

Charc
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  1:19:18 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
Yes! I got to work and there it was. Lovely cashmere at a decent price. I bought a cone and a skein so he had washed the skein. It's amazing how washing it changes it. Do you think I should wash the coned yarn before knitting it?

Anita
My completed projects
Go to Top of Page

spirals
Chatty Knitter

102 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  6:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit spirals's Homepage Send spirals a Private Message
I have also previously posted about colourmartuk
I bought two skeins and received in 5 days
I also ordered samples to show all of my friends
the yarn is amazingly soft, I haven't washed it yet, but hear it gets even softer, although I don't know how this could be!
I, too, had great communication and am EXTREMELY pleased with my purchase.
I highly recommend this seller.

http://spiralz.tripod.com/blog/
Go to Top of Page

Momo
Seriously Hooked

635 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2005 :  09:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momo's Homepage Send Momo a Private Message
Anita, I am not sure about the washing. You might enjoy knitting with it more if yo do wash it and if that's the case it's probably worth the trouble. Otherwise I think it's fine to wash after everything is knitted up.

Hi Spirals! Sorry I didn't see your post. I would have put my review there.

Cheers,

Charc
Go to Top of Page

knitnurse81
Chatty Knitter

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  11:24:50 AM  Show Profile Send knitnurse81 a Private Message
I can't say enough good things about this seller. I just received my first order form Richard this week. It was for skeined dk cashmere. When I went to wind it, by hand, I noticed it consisted of 2 thin plies that were not twisted together at all. Even though I was very careful, after about 3 hours all I had was a tangled mess. I emailed Richard to tell him how disappointed I was. I really didn't expect much, I just needed to vent.

Well...less than 8 hours later I had a response. He not only offered to wind me another 4 skeins on his ballwinder and send them free of charge, he also offered me 4 more skeins of any yarn of my choosing from his store as compensation for my trouble.

Talk about excellent customer service- there are no words in the English language for service this good. By the way, the yarn is just yummy. Richard has made me a fan for life.
Go to Top of Page

Stacey14
Permanent Resident

1120 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  11:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stacey14's Homepage Send Stacey14 a Private Message
I've been eyeing them too - I'd love a simple black cashmere scarf!

My Blog:On And Off the Needles
Go to Top of Page

renee_knits
Seriously Hooked

702 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  08:03:40 AM  Show Profile Send renee_knits a Private Message
Am I the only one who found this seller's cashmere disappointing, i.e., less-than-soft? I knitted a swatch (from a skein--so it's already washed) and it wasn't nearly as soft as merino, let alone cashmere.

Knitting IS real life!
Go to Top of Page

Savitar
Chatty Knitter

311 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  4:22:47 PM  Show Profile Send Savitar a Private Message
I sort of hestitate to respond, as I haven't knitted it up yet and I'm really, really wanting this purchase to work out, but ... I've purchased both a pre-washed skein and three cones, and none of them feel like the cashmere I'm used to. The cones, as forewarned, are scratchy; am hoping they will soften up later. However, the color was completely off from the online pic--what was soft rose on the screen was very dark brown. As to the prewashed skein, I keep touching it, hoping it will somehow feel soft, but it doesn't. I've only had one other skein of cashmere (in addition to a sweater), and they were much softer than this. Also, the twists on my single skeins look like they will come apart if I touch them much more. So, I guess I'm in the disappointed column, but I really wish I wasn't!
Go to Top of Page

renee_knits
Seriously Hooked

702 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  06:56:23 AM  Show Profile Send renee_knits a Private Message
My sympathy to you...and the color was a bit off on mine, too. I did get some nice cashmere from another ebay seller, thehouseofyarn--they described it as Loro Piana and it is fabulously soft (but, as with yours, the actual color is much darker than it appeared). I bought a little of their own cashmere, too, and it feels lovely (but I haven't knit with it yet).

Knitting IS real life!
Go to Top of Page

knitnurse81
Chatty Knitter

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  2:03:37 PM  Show Profile Send knitnurse81 a Private Message
I made my mom a cashmere shawl from this yarn for Christmas. It was the already washed skeined yarn and it was pretty soft while I was knitting it. I washed it again when I finished. When it was completely dry it was wonderfully soft and snuggly.

I love love love this yarn! Richard, the seller, is wonderful to work with. I found the colors on my monitor to be true, at least on the two colors of yarn I've gotten so far. I can't wait to order more!
Go to Top of Page

ikate
Warming Up

61 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  3:45:38 PM  Show Profile Send ikate a Private Message
I had a great purchase experience with them as well - but have not knit with the yarn yet. I got 2 110 yd balls of Chateau color aran weight yarn - each for $10. Shipping was only $2 to the states and it only took 8 days. The color was spot on and it was oiled and a bit scratchy (which is as it was described on ebay). I won't wash until after it is knit so the verdict is still out there; they do say it will soften and bloom. But, so far it's been a great experience.

iKate
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?