Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 1200 Yards or More
 1500 yards of lace weight loopy mohair
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nanerbasil
New Pal

32 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  3:13:56 PM  Show Profile Send Nanerbasil a Private Message
I've got a lot (and I do mean a LOT) of a lace weight loopy mohair yarn. I'd like to make a shawl of some sort with it (I love the look of circular shawls) but I'm a little afraid that the loopiness of the yarn will obscure the pattern. Anyone know of a simple pattern that would be enhanced by the loopy nature of my yarn? Thanks!
Lisa

Nothing is foolproof to the sufficiently talented fool.

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  07:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
I've made a stole out of Cherry Tree Hills Baby Loop (sportweight) called the Ocean Lace Stole from Just One More Row, you can see a close up in one of knitting albums on Yahoo (link is in my profile). Jill also has a pattern for a Starfish Shawl which is circular and uses this Baby Loop as well. I did buy another allotment of CTH Baby Loop from a destashing KR member and plan to make a shawl from the Lavish Lace book which also has patterns for this yarn.

Good luck deciding, the multitude of choices always makes it hard for me to come to a quick decision.

Dee
~Licensed2Knit
www.Kneatles.com
Go to Top of Page

Calamintha
Permanent Resident

USA
2886 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  09:36:59 AM  Show Profile Send Calamintha a Private Message
I think there is also a pattern in the Shawls and Scarves:The Best of Knitters Magazine book for a shawl with looped mohair.
Go to Top of Page

Nanerbasil
New Pal

32 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  2:53:15 PM  Show Profile Send Nanerbasil a Private Message
Thank you! I like that stole.
Lisa

Nothing is foolproof to the sufficiently talented fool.
Go to Top of Page

chellethinques
Permanent Resident

USA
1431 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  7:44:21 PM  Show Profile Send chellethinques a Private Message
I'm making this in Lorna's Laces Grace, a loopy/boucle mohair handpainted kind of yarn...
https://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/Karabella-Gossamer_Ruffled_Shawl_KK230-1198.html
(We'll see how it turns out, but the pattern is easy and I like the ruffle!)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe