Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 Comfort Zone Knitting Needles DPNs
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Looeez
Chatty Knitter

108 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  12:37:24 PM  Show Profile Send Looeez a Private Message
Has anyone tried these Comfort Zone Needles? http://knittingonthego.samsbiz.com/store/category/9qn2/Comfort_Zone_Double_Pointed_Needles.html

They sound great to me as I have problems with my wrists and currently find old plastic Boye DPNs give me less discomfort than bamboo or metal. I also like that they come in sets of 6 in case you lose one.

I've mailed to ask if they make sizes smaller than US #3 as I usually knit socks on size #0 or 1.

umbaba
Seriously Hooked

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  09:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit umbaba's Homepage Send umbaba a Private Message
I've tried these and I like them very much. They are really flexible but they knit well. I am currently making a pair of socks from Cascade Fixation on them. They don't come smaller than #3 right now. It is really hard to make smaller sizes in plastic needles but I heard they are trying.

...as soon as I finish this row

www.abundantyarn.com
Go to Top of Page

Looeez
Chatty Knitter

108 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  6:23:08 PM  Show Profile Send Looeez a Private Message
I'm glad to hear you like using them. I got an email back from Katherine which said the manufacturer is working on developing sizes US #1 and #2 at this time and they expect the #1's and #2's to be available within six to eight weeks. She also offered to let me know when they are available and I'm definitely going to order them as soon as I can.

Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  9:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
I have some in size 3. I haven't used them yet, but they do feel nice. And they are bright pink, which means they will probably be harder to lose.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

lisa_marie2323
New Pal

37 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  12:38:07 AM  Show Profile Send lisa_marie2323 a Private Message
I like these! Could you tell me how long they are? The website doesn't say what the length is. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

kamax60
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  2:59:31 PM  Show Profile Send kamax60 a Private Message
Thanks - I followed the link and found that they now have size 0, 1 & 2. Immediately placed my order.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe