Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 50 Yards or Less
 Felted Coin Purse
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  07:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
These are great for using up those little bits of yarn left from your felting projects. You can use any weight yarn as long as it will felt.
FLAP: Cast on 3 stitches and knit each row, increasing on each side every other row until you have 15 stitches. At this point you can change colors for the BODY: Knit in st. stitch for about 10 inches and bind off. Fold bottom up to bottom of flap and sew seams. Felt in washer as you usually would.
View my felted coin purse and other felted projects at:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=563121282106&page=1&sort_order=0

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

mrknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  10:57:54 AM  Show Profile Send mrknits a Private Message
Thanks for the idea. My issue these days is project short attention span. I like the idea of working on something that will make a cute gift and will be creatable in an hour or so.

Your bags are lovely, by the way.

Miriam
Go to Top of Page

Ivynforestsmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

465 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  1:05:31 PM  Show Profile Send Ivynforestsmom a Private Message
How adorable is that! I'm going to have to show my dd that pattern. She enjoys knitting washcloths, because she likes to complete her projects quickly. She could branch out a little with this project.
Go to Top of Page

temari
Gabber Extraordinaire

497 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  2:47:55 PM  Show Profile Send temari a Private Message
Thanks for sharing your pattern for the coin purse. You are so right about this project being great for using all the left-over yarn from other projects.
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  2:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
You make it 16 inches long?? Holy moly, you must have the mother of all felting wool or I am not visualizing this correctly even with the photo...

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

mrknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  11:28:34 AM  Show Profile Send mrknits a Private Message
I made one last night and stopped at about 13". I haven't felted it yet. But, I too am curious if 16" is a misprint.

Miriam
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  1:44:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Whoops! Sorry. It was supposed to read 10" - if you have already made one using the 16" measurement I think you might have a cell phone case!

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  1:50:20 PM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
Thanks. Cute, quick, and you can get creative. I like it. Those old single buttons I've kept for years will now have a use.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe