Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 500 to 800 Yards
 Elann Peruvian Baby Silk
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PatriciaG
Chatty Knitter

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  5:42:05 PM  Show Profile Send PatriciaG a Private Message
This yarn has caught my eye. Any ideas for using it? I would really like to buy some, but I have to have a plan first. Has anyone knit with it? If so, what did you make and think about the yarn?

Patrica in West Sac., CA.

"How did I get over the hill without getting up to the top"

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4376 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  6:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
I love it. I made a cowl thingy -- basically just a tube -- using three or four balls (sorry I can't remember) and it's nice and soft and drapey. I'm also making a shawl with it (haven't worked on that one in quite a while!). I think it will block nicely. I bought 4-6 balls of a few colors, knowing I can use it for many different things.

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  7:43:33 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
It's very thin! I used it doubled and made a wonderfully soft wide scarf. It's in my photo album - the idamond lace shawl in the aubergine color.

You could make a nice lace shawl like one of the elizabeth shawls on KnitPicks. They take less than 400 yards.

It's really lovely stuff.

Anita
My completed projects
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by