Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Talk about books reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Knitting Sutra
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2002 :  07:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Hmmm. this is the sort of book I would like to write. and I really enjoyed reading it. But it is, after all, a personal narrative and I wondered why I felt separated from the person writing. I had put it down to being "too California" (Lawsee! am I provincial) But then i re-read the comments below your review on the books page. bbrazy says she felt there were too many long quotes of others, quotes that might better have been footnotes, and not enough of the author's own voice. Perhaps that was it.

Anyway. i loved reading the book. I admire the author's quest. I would bet that most of us who post here could tell similar tales of the quest for the ultimate through knitting.

e_looped
Seriously Hooked

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  11:26:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit e_looped's Homepage Send e_looped a Private Message
I read this book quite quickly, but it almost made me appreciate knitting more. I've always received a great satisfaction in knitting, but the way she described the actual act of knitting at times made me want to put the book down and pick up my needles, too bad that I can't knit and read a lot at the same time.

I enjoyed the book and ignored other people's comments that I had heard before reading the book. I liked a lot of the quotes, I don't think they were misplaced, they fit with the text. I sold this book on amazon because I wanted another knitter to enjoy this book also. It's not a book that every knitter will enjoy and you have to read it with an open mind.

erica :)

Life is like knitting sometimes it's smooth, sometimes it's bumpy and sometimes it's the ultimate frustration.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe