Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 As January becomes February...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2003 :  8:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Hi all! Marfa et al, we are all Knitting Sisters, on the same wavelength re: how to spend January (whether it's winter, as here in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies) or summer (as with our friends in Australia). I am a knitter, quilter and stitcher, and have 3 stashes! I spent part of January dreaming of what to do this year in all three areas, and resolving to do a healthy helping of each stress-relieving craft over the next twelve months.

I have managed to re-org my craft closet so that my knitting, stitching and quilting stashes and equipment each have their own space, and have managed to get a good leg up on both knitting and quilting projects. I have a twin set to finish for myself (one sleeve left on the cardigan and then the undersweater, which is sleeveless), then 2 cable pullovers, a set of pattern-knit squares for a charity afghan to finish (5 down, xxx to go!), a charity quilt to finish, plus one for my daughter and a lap quilt for an elderly cousin. And I have two BOMs (Blocks of the Month) just begun!

All this wonderful texture and colour -- not to mention activity -- helps to keep the short days brighter and the cold winds away from the door. So...whether Balzac Billy (our local groundhog) sees his shadow or not tomorrow, I'm ready!

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2003 :  05:03:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Wow! Margblank you are one ambitious needlewoman. What fun you have ahead though, in all your projects. February is teaching month for me. I did my first day with back to back classes and survived. I was tired, but that thrilling sort of tired you get when you've been doing something you love for a concentrated period of time.

There was a morning kids class, an afternoon adult beginners and at lunch I did a private session with one. I just talked knitting all day!!

Congratulations on the stash reorganization. I've already begun to toss new stuff on top of my neatly organized and labled shelves. I fear the concept of organization will be the ultimate of my reach in life.

And we are bathed in a glorious rosey sunrise - looks like 6 more weeks of winter for us.

Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2003 :  4:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Yep, Bess, you've got me pegged! Actually, I do quite a bit of my knitting on the bus/train downtown to work and back, and save my less portable projects (fine x-stitch, quilting) for at home. The problem with that has been that I haven't done anything too complicated (e.g. lots of different yarns, or large stuff, or lace!) in a very long time. I am determined to rectify that this year and do some "at home" knitting -- to keep, for a change!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe