Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 100 to 250 Yards
 Ironstone Starlights - what would you do with this
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karen in MN
Chatty Knitter

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  10:51:13 AM  Show Profile Send Karen in MN a Private Message
I picked up the one remaining skein of this at a 75% off sale -- it is absolutely GORGEOUS! It is mostly mohair/rayon blend with some nylon and wool, and there are either 143 or 148 yards in it (the label is ripped). The guage says 2 sts/inch on a #17 needle.

It is the kind of yarn thta is a strand of mohair and a strand of little loopy rayon together, and the color variations are stunning -- blues, pinks, golds, and a zillion shades of red.

I want to do something with it that will show off the yarn to its advantage, but it's way too heavy (and not enough yardage) for any of my regular lace patterns.

If nothing else, I guess I could just do a garter stitch scarf, but it's so stunning of a yarn, I'd like to think of something a little more special -- but can't think what that would be?

Any ideas?

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  11:57:42 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
I can't visualize this yarn, but would it be nice for a small bag? They are easy to improvise, or there are lots of free patterns for bags. Let me know if you need one. Warmly, Chayah
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe