Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Fiber Swap
 Handspun Yarn Swap
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

SpottedTApps
New Pal

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  12:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit SpottedTApps's Homepage Send SpottedTApps a Private Message
Andy, that looks great! Love the bright color!
Go to Top of Page

damadedax
Warming Up

57 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  2:08:46 PM  Show Profile Send damadedax a Private Message
I'm also a new spinner and just discovered the thread on the handspun yarn swap. I would love to get in on the next round. It sounds like great fun.
Go to Top of Page

SpottedTApps
New Pal

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  2:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit SpottedTApps's Homepage Send SpottedTApps a Private Message
OK, well if we can't get in, we at least have 3 for the next round:

damadedax
SpottedTApps
taradactil

Go to Top of Page

taradactil
Warming Up

56 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  6:02:52 PM  Show Profile Send taradactil a Private Message
I love your sample, Andy! This does look like a ton of fun!

taradactil
Go to Top of Page

sheepish
New Pal

49 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  06:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit sheepish's Homepage Send sheepish a Private Message
Andy, I am resisting looking at your picture because I want to be surprised! (But the temptation....oooohh...the temptation!)

quote:
I'd like to learn the wheel before I branch off into dyeing madness!!
Madness, yes!!! I've been trading my soaps for white wool like made because my sheep are all naturally colored! I've threatened to pour packets of koolaide over poor Dolly (my only white sheep) in the rain to make her a rainbow of colors! Can you imagine what the neighbors would think? They're already certian I'm a little mad...[:00]

I milk sheep, do ewe?

Buy the new EWE WISH calendar! http://buckinglambpalace.bravehost.com/ewewish.html
Sheep Milk Soaps at http://kesoaps.com
Go to Top of Page

Lanthir
Warming Up

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  09:55:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lanthir's Homepage Send Lanthir a Private Message
Andy, your yarn puts mine to shame.

"And we shall call it 'This Land'"
Firefly
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  6:58:13 PM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message
Sheepish, your comment on dumping kool-aid on your sheep is funny, made me think of the ad for Brown Sheep yarn with all the colored sheep in the pasture. So, that's how they did it..

Well, I asked all the spinners about adding more spinners to the group and we were about 50/50 for and against. It had to be that everyone agreed or else no changes. Those saying "no" did so because they are too far along or are finished with samples.

However, I see that there is interest in another swap. This one will be done by mid-Otober and if there still is interest I would volunteer to coordinate it once more. Once we finish this one, I'll post for a second swap and we can sign up and maybe have it due after the holidays, sometime in January. Anyway, let's finish this one and see how it goes. I'll jot down the name of those interested and of course we will post comments about the results of this swap here. I'm really looking forward to getting those packages. That's one benefit of coordinating - you get to see the samples first...

See My Stuff: Here

Go to Top of Page

sweetgeorgia
Chatty Knitter

Canada
101 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  08:05:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit sweetgeorgia's Homepage Send sweetgeorgia a Private Message
Hey there! I'd love to join you guys for the second round after mid-October!

I was hesitant about signing up for the first round because I'm in Canada and shipping costs would be higher! =(

http://sweetgeorgia.planetfishdesign.com
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  11:16:55 AM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
Thanks for the compliments, the colors are reddish brown and cream. It doesn't show the color perfectly. My yarn may be varigated, but believe me I'm a beginner.

Andy-wommon
Go to Top of Page

sheepish
New Pal

49 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  10:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit sheepish's Homepage Send sheepish a Private Message
Sweetgeorgia, where in Canada are you? It's a long shot...but I often find forum folks are just a bit above me on the map...are you in BC?

Yarnlover, have you sent a deadline/address out for us? If so, I missed it...if not, good, because that means I haven't missed it...

I milk sheep, do ewe?

Buy the new EWE WISH calendar! http://buckinglambpalace.bravehost.com/ewewish.html
Sheep Milk Soaps at http://kesoaps.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  07:26:32 AM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message
I haven't sent the mailing info via PM yet, but will do so today.

Go to Top of Page

pugsweater
Gabber Extraordinaire

452 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  07:46:29 AM  Show Profile Send pugsweater a Private Message
two questions, yarnlover....do we send 11 samples in all? i'm a little lost with the #*G*..

and the self-addressed+stamped envelope...check out the stamp value needed to send the envelope to you, then put the same (plus a little more) on the return envelope?

thx.

Pugknits Blog
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  08:46:54 AM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message
We have 11 spinners in the swap, so you really only have to send 10 samples, and keep one for yourself. but if you want to send all and get all of them back in one package, that's ok too.

When you pack up to send to me, you'll have the samples and an envelope inside the mailing envelope. Assuming the samples from everyone will be similar in weight, if you use the same amount of postage on the return envelope, there will be a bit more postage because of one less envelope. Does that make sense?

I thought using a priority mail envelope, those big soft ones that don't weigh much would be more than sufficient, but I received one package and it weighs about 6 ounces, so it seems that less postage will be needed. I believe priority mail kicks in for anything over 10 ounces, and for $3.95 you can send one pound. I doubt any of the sample packages would be be over one pound.

Go to Top of Page

sweetgeorgia
Chatty Knitter

Canada
101 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  09:39:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit sweetgeorgia's Homepage Send sweetgeorgia a Private Message
Hi Sheepish! Yes, I'm in Vancouver, BC... Just a little above the border!

http://sweetgeorgia.planetfishdesign.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  6:40:45 PM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message
I geuss I didn't realize we had spinners in Canada. Return postage has to be from the U.S post office. If those in Canada can tell me how much the package weighs, I can let you know how much the US postage will be. Then you can send a money order with your samples and I'll get the postage here. Will that work for you if you are in Canada??

Go to Top of Page

Suziehomemaker
Warming Up

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  06:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Suziehomemaker's Homepage Send Suziehomemaker a Private Message
I can't believe it's taking me so long to get this yarn mailed out! I keep forgeting to buy Kool-Aid and the grocery store. I'm going out today for a special trip just for that and I hope to have everything dyed tonight so that I can finally get it in the mail to you tomorrow. I'm so sorry for the delay everyone!

(I'd blame it on my pregnant, forgetful mind but that would be too easy )
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  10:34:54 AM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message
Update on the swap.

I have received six envelopes, plus my own is ready to go, so we are waiting for four more spinners' envelopes. My mail has not arrived yet today, so there may be something in the mailbox later today.

Go to Top of Page

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  2:30:26 PM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
Well yarnlover, do you want to pm the people? Maybe we should tell them to contact you or we will just swap. We had a specific date and you could just send us back our own if that is all we have in the swap. Thanks again.

Andy-wommon
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  6:05:44 PM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message
Yes Andy,

I was planning to PM and find out if envelopes are on the way. Sorry that I didn't get to do it yet, been very busy at work the past few days. If any of the spinners who haven't yet mailed their samples - there are three - read this before I get the PM's sent, please let me know if you will be sending the samples. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

aline125
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  2:03:45 PM  Show Profile Send aline125 a Private Message
Add me in for the next round! I Wish I found this site sooner!
Marie

http://bklynhandspunyarn.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by