Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Felting Talk
 Needle Felting
 What type of projects do you needle felt?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Boston Terrier Knitter
Chatty Knitter

315 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  05:33:24 AM  Show Profile Send Boston Terrier Knitter a Private Message
What types of things do you needle felt. I've seen the characters and bears and things like that, but do any of you needle felt purses, sweaters, jackets, etc?

I've tried needle felting a purse and so far I've liked it.

"Boston terriers are all American." :)

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  4:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Yes - I needle felt flowers on purses after they are felted.
Take a look:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?US=0&collid=563121282106

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

sheepish
New Pal

49 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  06:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit sheepish's Homepage Send sheepish a Private Message
I tried doing a hat recently. Too cheap (or maybe broke?) to buy a hat block, so went to the fabric store and bought some foam. Cut it into a circle, grabbed some brightly colored and not my favorite wool, layered it onto the block and went to town on it. It could have been better, I certainly learned from the experience. I do believe I'll purchase a real block, however, as the foam came off in the felting process.

Just the same, I've got a hat and aside from the colors (which I suppose are okay, they just don't match my wardrobe)I think it's something that can be worn this winter...at least out to feed the animlas! [:00]

I milk sheep, do ewe?

Buy the new EWE WISH calendar! http://buckinglambpalace.bravehost.com/ewewish.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe