Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Suggest a poll
 How many projects are you currently working on
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

knitloon
Gabber Extraordinaire

524 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  3:35:53 PM  Show Profile Send knitloon a Private Message
Be honest now. How many projects do you currently have on the needles. For that matter, how many have you purchased the yarn for?

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2049 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  4:41:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message
Active prjects: 1 sweater, 1 pr gloves, 1 pr socks, 1 Christening Gown, 1 purse.
Just sitting there: 1 cardigan, 1 sweater.
Yarn for projects: Loads for socks.
Frogged yarn for: 1 hat, 1 Dicky, 1 head band.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

mica
New Pal

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  4:54:18 PM  Show Profile Send mica a Private Message
At the moment I pretty good. One baby sweater and one Christening Gown Just don't ask me that question in a few weeks when I start getting ready for Xmas
LOL
Candace
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  5:22:52 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
More than I care to say....but, my excuse reason is that I'm getting ready for Christmas...

(..that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)

Trish
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4395 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  5:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
Too many. Waaaay too many. And I'm trolling for yarn for more...

Jane

Blog-like thing: not plain jane
Photos:jane's pages
Go to Top of Page

abbierose
Seriously Hooked

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  5:49:55 PM  Show Profile Send abbierose a Private Message
Oh, no, you're not roping me into answering that question

I'm with Jane, waaaay too many. And yarn for so many more I can't even remember it all!

Melissa
Tia Knits
Go to Top of Page

knitloon
Gabber Extraordinaire

524 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  6:41:41 PM  Show Profile Send knitloon a Private Message
So glad to see I'm not alone. Let's see... one afghan, two sweaters, one scarf, one pair of socks, yarn for multiple projects, hmmm.
Go to Top of Page

rejoyce
Chatty Knitter

USA
250 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  7:17:51 PM  Show Profile Send rejoyce a Private Message
How embarrasing!!!! Your not suppose to ask that. I mean really...didn't your mother ever teach you not to ask people personal questions?????

Kim
Go to Top of Page

celia
Permanent Resident

Australia
2454 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  9:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit celia's Homepage Send celia a Private Message
MM.. are we counting just the 'actve' ons? Or are we also including the ones that are hidden and haven't been worked on in 6 months?

I am currently working on a vest, a cotton top, a scarf, and I think that's it..

In my unfinished corner I have a sweater, a tank, a blanket, and possibly a few other projects I have forgotten

celia

My blog is here:
http://celiaknits.blogspot.com
I am destashing here:
http://celias-basket.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  9:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
Active projects:
- my first pair of socks (I finished the first sock today)
- a top-down cardigan (I only need to finish the second sleeve but it is so hot that I can't work on it very long)
- the chevron scarf from LMKG

Number of projects I have bought yarn for: I plead the fifth amendment!!
I usually buy yarn with a project in mind and let's just leave it at that :)

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

scrapart
Chatty Knitter

106 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  03:50:47 AM  Show Profile Send scrapart a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by dkwolps@tcinternet.net

Be honest now. How many projects do you currently have on the needles. For that matter, how many have you purchased the yarn for?

Believe it or not - one project on the needles, a shawl...and yarn purchased, one, socks. Honest!

Genia in MD
Joining the blog craze!
http://scrapartscorner.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  05:20:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by dkwolps@tcinternet.net

Probably way more than I should, but I get bored easily. How many more do I have yarn for? Gosh, I've lost count. But now I'm going on a yarn diet. I want to purchase yarn for a sweater for my hubby but that's it. I really have way too much.

In addition I have bags and bags of fleece to spin into yarn. Now, if only the yarn companies weren't putting out such beautiful stuff.

Barb [KrazyKzooKnitter]
"You can't get a hit unless you're swinging."

http://www.livejournal.com/users/graniterose/
Go to Top of Page

knittinggal
Chatty Knitter

USA
296 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  05:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit knittinggal's Homepage Send knittinggal a Private Message
On needles: a pillow cover, one eyeglass case, one soon to be felted bag, a gift scarf, first sock, one washcloth (take-along project), another scarf from the Little Box of Scarves. Yarn purchased for: booga-bag, entrelac tote, kid silk haze scarf, hmmmmmmm....that isn't too bad is it?

Kay
Go to Top of Page

CompuChild
Chatty Knitter

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  05:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit CompuChild's Homepage Send CompuChild a Private Message
Vogue flower bag, ribby cardi, fish blanket...I just completed three others and I'm not "allowed" to buy more yarn until I finish 1 of the above mentioned. I want to start on girlfromaunties new pattern Eris so...I'm almost done with the bag!

www.compuchild.com
Go to Top of Page

knitloon
Gabber Extraordinaire

524 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  06:08:17 AM  Show Profile Send knitloon a Private Message
I see you're all knitters after my own heart. I only asked the question to assuage my guilt. If only my family would pay less attention to what I'm doing, I would'nt be reminded of my naughty little secret. But they see me working with different colors of yarn on different projects within the same week (often within the same day), and ask "NOW what are you making"? How do you explain yourself when you know they won't understand?!
Go to Top of Page

SaraO
Chatty Knitter

123 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  07:32:51 AM  Show Profile Send SaraO a Private Message
Wowee, I just don't understand how you folks can keep up with multiple projects. I would feel so overwelmed. I am currently working on one little old pair of socks. I'm not a very fast knitter and I have limited time to work on projects.

Recently I bought yarn for two purses and a hat/mitten set for my little girl. This is the first time I ever bought supplies for my next project early (My LYS had 20% off all yarn, yay!). I amd itching to start a purse but I'm afraid I would never finish my socks if I put them down.

Good luck, busy bees!
Sara
Go to Top of Page

TracyKnits
Chatty Knitter

324 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  08:00:39 AM  Show Profile Send TracyKnits a Private Message
I like having several projects going. I think I'd feel weird if I only had one! I usually have at least three - that way I can work on whatever fits my mood.

On the needles - 2 socks, both just needing the toes to be kitchner stitched which I'll do this morning.
1 - Shawl wrap type thing that is almost done.
1 - Sweater that I work on off and on. I don't actually like the yarn that much but force myself to do a few rows now & then. I'm determined to finish, but not in any hurry.
1 - Hat that needs some frogging and re-work.

When the hat and socks are done, I'll cast on another set of socks. When the shawl is complete, I'll cast on my Einstein coat.

And how much yarn do I have for future projects? Hmmm, let's just say.............a lot.
Go to Top of Page

knittinggal
Chatty Knitter

USA
296 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  08:24:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit knittinggal's Homepage Send knittinggal a Private Message
I agree with you Tracy. I pick up whatever project suits my mood. I was really into that sock and now I don't care if I see it again for awhile! Sometimes I just want a mindless thing to knit on and other times I want the challenge, thus multiple projects going at one time!!

Kay
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2210 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  08:30:50 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
lessee - one, two, three, four, five, six, seven on the needles, three on hooks, two in major planning stage. oops! make that eight on the needles.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  08:32:52 AM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
So many that I don't even know the number. I'm concentrating on 2, but I have many others in various stages of waiting. Oh here's a new acronym I just tought of! PIW, projects in waiting! So you can have WIP and PIW!

Anita
My completed projects
Go to Top of Page

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  11:12:32 AM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
Active (doesn't sit for more than a week without some action): 3 scarves, 1 cardy, 1 pullover, 1 shawl
Inactive(almost ufo's): 1 novelty yarn pullover, 1 summer tweed pullover

To be started (yarn and pattern ready): approx 5 projects

To be started (pattern waiting for yarn): Teva Durham's Leaf pullover -- oh how I want to find the right yarn (not Van Dyck though) and then all other projects will lay in wait

Yarn Stash (waiting for patterns/inspiration): won't go there

RoseM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by