Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Things we do Besides Knitting
 Recipe Swap
 Fresh blueberry walnut bread.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  3:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
I made this this morning.

http://bread.allrecipes.com/az/BlueberryBread.asp

I put it in two pans (it looks like it's not much, but we've got 4 tsp of powder in here, so the bread does puff up) and my goodness, it is very good. I know it's hot in most of the Northern Hemisphere, but blueberries are so fresh right now...

It's fantastic with plain cream cheese on it.

Amanda

A good friend: You knit faster than most women shop.

Yarn Delirious
Seriously Hooked

USA
777 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  3:35:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yarn Delirious's Homepage Send Yarn Delirious a Private Message
Thanks so much for the link! Sounds incredible. I pick up some blueberries recently, wasn't sure if I'd be able to use them all or if I'd end up freezing some.

Shel
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  5:42:27 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
Mmmmm. sounds good. I'm surprised how little fat is in it. I always think the best part of quick breads is the edges, so I often make them in muffin pans to increase the surface area to volume ratio! I may have to make this.

Anita
My completed projects
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  7:15:03 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Anita, just place the batter on cookie sheets and it's like a sheet of muffin tops.

Once it cools down I'll make it in my toaster oven(I love that thing - rarely use the big oven). I always use whole wheat flour nd half applesauce for the oil.

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

RiverRock
Chatty Knitter

USA
283 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  9:13:07 PM  Show Profile Send RiverRock a Private Message
Our local grocery store has blueberries on sale 99 cnets for a pint. There is a limit of 4 per person so I go each day and buy 4. I'm making muffins tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

bogiebogie
Permanent Resident

USA
1076 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  1:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit bogiebogie's Homepage Send bogiebogie a Private Message
Very tasty. I added more blueberries and used pecans instead of walnuts. The batter wasn't quite thick enough to keep all the nuts from sinking to the bottom, but some of them stayed suspended. Next time I'll cut them smaller.

The next time I make this, I'm going to add some mashed banana in place of some of the milk. Yum!

--JK
http://knitflix.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.