Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Boys Who Knit
 knitting around other guys
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dances with Needles
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  7:46:01 PM  Show Profile Send Dances with Needles a Private Message
my older son Knits. He designs his own hats. when he is home from school he hangs out in the tuesday night knitter's tea. He says that it can be rougher than a high school locker room hanging with the ladies. When he moved to the big city he took his yarn and needles. He says that it is a great way to meet people because something about yarn and needles is very disarming. Guys knit, and the ones who do get a lot of attention from the girls. simple as that.

DWN
Go to Top of Page

2Skiens@itsapurlman.com
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  05:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit 2Skiens@itsapurlman.com's Homepage Send 2Skiens@itsapurlman.com a Private Message
I started a group in Boston for guy knitters called the Knitting Gentlemen of Boston (KGB). We meet up on the first and thrid monday of the month.

I like this group because it offers a slightly different dynamic from my many other knitting groups.

In general I have no problem knitting anywhere. Most of the time I find it makes people (guys included) happy in some way. I don't worry too much about my manlyness...

Also, I podcast about knitting as a guy in Boston if anyone is interested:

http://www.itsapurlman.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by