Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Talk about books reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Harry Potter book -2005
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knitlethab
Seriously Hooked

Canada
604 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  10:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitlethab's Homepage Send knitlethab a Private Message
Has this book reached North America yet?

www.knittingtime.com

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  10:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
You mean Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince? It is supposed to be out July 16th.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

Seen on a church marquee: Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never be bent out of shape.
Go to Top of Page

knitlethab
Seriously Hooked

Canada
604 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  10:35:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitlethab's Homepage Send knitlethab a Private Message
Yes, that is the one. I understand one of Harry's friends die in it? It is suppose to be out in England earlier. Have you heard or is it just someone's wishfull thinking.

www.knittingtime.com
Go to Top of Page

Tam
Permanent Resident

Australia
2810 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  12:04:15 AM  Show Profile Send Tam a Private Message
It is a worldwide release on 16th July.

Happy Knitting,
Tam in Melbourne

http://photos.yahoo.com/lillysmum2002

2005 Stats: 3 WIPs, 15 FOs
Go to Top of Page

NaProus
Permanent Resident

1828 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  05:30:15 AM  Show Profile Send NaProus a Private Message
There are always lots of rumors before the release of the next Harry Potter. I amuse myself sometimes by googling "harry potter rumors" and reading through them. Some people have pretty impressive imaginations!

What's a leper bandage? http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bandages.html
http://www.ghm.org/resources/knitted.htm
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  11:25:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
If you want to find most of the rumors in one site, go to J.K. Rowling's official site. It is www.jkrowling.com
You can find rumors, facts, misc info, and other fun stuff there. Another good site is www.mugglenet.com

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

Seen on a church marquee: Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never be bent out of shape.
Go to Top of Page

ravenmad
New Pal

5 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  11:27:07 AM  Show Profile Send ravenmad a Private Message
i always thought that it was out in july and i live in u.k

izzymt
Go to Top of Page

Mandy
New Pal

46 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  10:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mandy's Homepage Send Mandy a Private Message
I work in a bookstore and everyone is right, it's coming out july 16th.
The funny thing about the rumor is that for the past four years i have heard that same rumor about one of his friends dying, and every year I think 'well, it could happen.' so who knows, we will find out pretty soon though.
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  10:51:32 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
didn't Sirius die in the last one? (or so it is believed at least - I personnally think he will be recued from "behind the veil")

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  10:56:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
I agree about Sirius. I don't think he really died. I guess we will find out soon enough (or not soon enough, if you are as impatient to know as I am and we don't find out until the last book.)

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4385 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  11:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
Anybody want to come to my store and work the Midnight-2:00am shift on July 16? It's gonna be somethin'! The excitement will really begin to build once the kids are out of school, but so far we have just a few inquiries a week.

Oh, and does anybody want to come to my store and help carry 1000 books down to the basement because we're not allowed to have any books or boxes in sight before Midnight?

Jane

"Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things." Denis Diderot

My album: Jane's Pages
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  11:24:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jcc28

Anybody want to come to my store and work the Midnight-2:00am shift on July 16? It's gonna be somethin'! The excitement will really begin to build once the kids are out of school, but so far we have just a few inquiries a week.

Oh, and does anybody want to come to my store and help carry 1000 books down to the basement because we're not allowed to have any books or boxes in sight before Midnight?

Jane

"Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things." Denis Diderot

I am such an addict that that all actually sounds like fun. Where are you at?

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4385 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  2:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
The bookstore I manage is on Long Island, NY. Seriously, see if your local (hopefully indie!) bookstore is having a "Harry Potter Night" -- they're pretty wild!

Jane

Go to Top of Page

Tam
Permanent Resident

Australia
2810 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  5:03:03 PM  Show Profile Send Tam a Private Message
If I lived in the States I'd come.

I kind of wish ours was being released at midnight, it would be fun to go out and line up waiting for the shop to open, (like waiting for concert tickets when I was a teenager!) but it is being released at 9.00am, so it is just normal shop opening time.

Happy Knitting,
Tam in Melbourne

http://photos.yahoo.com/lillysmum2002

2005 Stats: 3 WIPs, 15 FOs
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  6:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
I hope Sirius comes back, too. He is too cool a character to be gone.

I tell you one thing, though. My husband joked that I would have to read the "Order of the Phoenix" in one day so that he didn't have to wait too long before he could read it. Silly me--I took it as a challenge and read non-stop from 8:15 am until I finished the book that evening, and then had NOTHING TO READ! I will NOT be doing that with "Half-Blood Prince," that's for durn shure!

--Susan T-O in Long Beach CA

"Implying that Fran can't knit is kind of like implying that the Pope can't pray."--RachelKnitter
Go to Top of Page

MrsD1
Chatty Knitter

284 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  7:09:17 PM  Show Profile Send MrsD1 a Private Message
Half-Blood Prince isn't supposed to be as long as Order of the Phoenix so savor it as long as you can. Who knows when the last one will be out.

Jane, I'd come and lug books for you. I love bookstores! But our bookstores here in Oklahoma will be having midnight parties and they are fun to attend. And I'm an old lady!! :)

Patsy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?