Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Talk about books reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Loop-D-Loop
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  12:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
I LOVE Loop-D-Loop!! As Clara was talking about in our email...Teva just goes above & beyond our "normal" knitting & u sure step out of what many people perceive as "knitting"....I ordered mine some time ago from a book club after buying a pattern or 2 off of Teva's website & emailed with her a bit...she's a sweet person to boot!! Thumbs up all the way on her book!!

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always

gibsongirl
Seriously Hooked

965 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  12:36:39 PM  Show Profile Send gibsongirl a Private Message
There's a long ongoing thread here on the forums (where Teva herself posts regularly!) regarding Loop-D-Loop. I agree that it's a book of very innovative and inspiring designs.

-gibsongirl
Go to Top of Page

cactusqueen
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  2:17:45 PM  Show Profile Send cactusqueen a Private Message
I just checked her website, and she considers a size 14-16 to be extra large. To me, that's a typical New York designer. If you're not skinny, don't bother. Too bad her designs aren't designed for real-size people.
Go to Top of Page

Mandy
New Pal

46 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  7:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mandy's Homepage Send Mandy a Private Message
I just checked this book at at the store the on Monday night, and I loved it! Not only the designs, but the pictures really are something to marvel at. I was really close to buying it, but I have to wait a little longer.(we all know how we have to watch the knitting budget.)
-mandy
Go to Top of Page

CBass
New Pal

15 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2005 :  07:05:42 AM  Show Profile Send CBass a Private Message
But.....have you noticed how small the sizes are? Who has a 28" chest?
Go to Top of Page

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2005 :  09:45:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
the size deal is when our math and gauge, etc are going to have to come into play....never liked math...but i love that book!!

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always
Go to Top of Page

amandaCO
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2005 :  10:17:41 AM  Show Profile Send amandaCO a Private Message
But, the Ballet T-shirt for instance is meant to stretch a ton. So, it has negative ease. Also, yes, some people do have a 28" chest.
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  5:50:44 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by CBass

But.....have you noticed how small the sizes are? Who has a 28" chest?

A couple of my nieces are small like that. Also, even though I am a plus sized fat ass, many of the designs would look nasty on a larger size. I like what Teva did with the designs.

"I firmly believe the Bible is the misinterpreted word of God." Mokey

www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.