Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 It's Dogs Around Here
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kmcrouse
New Pal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2002 :  11:12:32 AM  Show Profile Send kmcrouse a Private Message
If the members of my local guild are any indication, knitters seem to have dogs. We frequently hear stories of how someone's dog killed a WIP or ate a hank of yarn. I have a beagle, but luckily he hasn't shown much interest in my yarn. Even the 50% angora I thought he'd go nuts over!

pinkneedles
Warming Up

62 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2002 :  2:31:57 PM  Show Profile Send pinkneedles a Private Message
Hi Kmcrouse,

What a good doggie your beagle is! I couldn't resist telling you about my little bichon frise, who LOVES yarn, but doesn't bother it in the knitting basket. But oh, how she loves wearing soft and wooly sweaters! I might be imagining it, but I actually think she struts, milking the compliments for all they're worth!

Pink

Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  04:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Out here in the country most of us have dogs and cats. My late labrador retreiver loved to "help" me knit by putting his chin on my knee when I was knitting. But he helped with everything. One of our "found" dogs came to us as a (MOST unwanted by me) pup. "No family needs 4 dogs!" I protested, but I did agree to keep her for one week while DH was gone if he promised to find a home for her when he came back. Of course, who can keep a puppy for a week and not keep her forever? Not I. But she was so skittery and constantly stole things and hid them beneath a dresser. I found my knitting there several times, as well as my glasses and all the dog toys.

Now, though, she is long settled here and finds my knitting boring.

Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  2:43:42 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
I've always had cats...as a matter of fact, I used to be pretty much petrified by dogs, especially large ones. But in AZ cats are frequently called "coyote food"...they get snatched pretty easily despite their feline agility! So we were animal-less for a while after the second kitty disappeared...sigh. Then we met Cole and HannaH and the rest was history. (see new sig line)

chris

I used to be normal, then I adopted a greyhound!
Go to Top of Page

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2002 :  08:07:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message
Chris...my brother and sister-in-law run a rescue operation for Grey's. I never realized what wonderful animals they are. Here's their link.

http://www.geocities.com/greytexpectationsrescue/

Linda

"Randy lay there like a slug...it was his only defense." Ralphie
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2002 :  2:44:53 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
Linda, thanks for that link! I always love to check out the available dogs and I've fallen in love with Torg (though I'd rename him Thor!). If we lived closer to MD, and as I go into my broken record routine --if Tony had a job--, we'd be on our way to see if HannaH and Cole would accept him into their pack. They are such gorgeous dogs!

chris

I used to be normal, then I adopted a greyhound!
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2002 :  08:41:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Animals aren't stupid, are they, Bess? They know who to pick for moms!

I have two and a half cats - the half-cat becomes a whole cat when I pick him up from the pound tomorrow afternoon! He's a charming 6 or 7 year old lovely med-length pale-orange hair sweetie who showed up literally on my doorstop in the middle of a Buffalo snowstorm. After two weeks of mentions on the radio, calls to the pound, and ads in the paper, it became clear he was either not wanted or not missed, and I'm going through the neccessary proceedures to get him looked at by a vet and made officially mine. The other two will have to go through a transition period, but they'll surpass it.

I love all animals, and have cats only because it's easier to find an apartment that takes them than it is to find one that takes dogs!

I'd love to live on a small farm (10 - 20 acres) where I could have horses and alpacas (for yarn!) and all the doggies and cats I wanted (and that my oldest baby Misha would accept!)

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe