Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Dyeing Discussion
 Color Theory
 Great Color Combination Site
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eniyan
Chatty Knitter

114 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  9:10:49 PM  Show Profile Send Eniyan a Private Message
I felt sorry for this lonely folder and as it turns out I'm only a few post away from becoming a "Chatty Knitter."

I found this great site for color combinations that allows you to play around with three colors at a time. Good for trying to plan out colorful rovings.

http://www.colorcombo.com/

Enjoy.

E

Visit my Blog
Eniyan's Adventures with Her Fiberlicious Self
http://eniyan.blogspot.com/

mwyn
Permanent Resident

USA
1419 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2005 :  12:46:26 AM  Show Profile Send mwyn a Private Message
Congratulations on being a chatty knitter! Interesting site. I'm dabbling in stained glass now & this will come in useful for that as well as knitting.
mwyn

One who works with his hands is a laborer. With hands & head; a craftsman. With hands, head & heart an artist. (Paraphrase St. Francis of Assissi)
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2678 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2005 :  07:36:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message
Very cool, thanks for the link. I often get stuck in color combo ruts, going back to the same old favorites again and again. Even if I'm making a conscious choice to be daring!

Luann

Knit and let knit!
Go to Top of Page

Knitting Fever
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
548 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2005 :  08:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Knitting Fever's Homepage Send Knitting Fever a Private Message
Love it! Thanks for sharing - I love gadgets/programs like that. I know what you mean about graduating to chatty knitter - I am trying to get to Gabber Extraordinaire, and I think I'm getting pretty close here.

Carolyn
http://carolynh.tblog.com/
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2005 :  08:55:16 AM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
Great tool. Thanks!....and congrats "Chatty Knitter".

Trish
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2005 :  1:19:36 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Luann

Very cool, thanks for the link. I often get stuck in color combo ruts, going back to the same old favorites again and again. Even if I'm making a conscious choice to be daring!

Luann

I have the same problem (who'd a thunk, huh?). What I did with SnLs wrap was to take all my balls and put them in a box. When it;s time for a colour change, I reach in without looking and grab. That's gonna be next. Now, of course, I have to resist the urge to say "but I just used that one, let me try again"!

I just love playing with colour. (and have the blue and red hands to prove it)

Barbara
Remember, we're self-selecting!

My photos:
My blog:
Go to Top of Page

RiverRock
Chatty Knitter

USA
283 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2005 :  2:52:25 PM  Show Profile Send RiverRock a Private Message
It's funny, I am an art major but in knitting colors is very different. I'm sure it is the same for Quilters too. A few years ago I had to take my color theory class over again. That is when I learned or maybe understood the difference between light-color blending and optical blending.

Knitting and color blending on a drum carder are all optical blending. Think Impressionist painters. To make green you blend blue and yellow yarn to gether but the colors don't actually blend like they do in paint or light so they are always playing off each other. Deb Mentz book is a really great book for optical blending and understanding. I took her color workshop years ago, before her book came out it was facinating.

BTW, I love the link too! Thanks for posting it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe