Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 More prayers, please!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  11:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I'm really not a complete mess, but I seem to be at one of those points in my life where everything is happening.

Totally unrelated to my big decision (which still isn't made, due to a game of phone tag, but will hopefully be resolved soon) I have another issue that needs some prayers.

I've been adopted by the sweetest, most love-bug little stray cat. He got into my apartment building over Thanksgiving weekend and has been living outside my door, borrowing a spare litter box and cat bed and getting food and water. He's VERY thin, obviously been "on the run" for a long time since his foot pads are worn and scabby, but sweet as can be. I broke down and took him to the pound today because I wanted him to be looked at by a vet (he looks healthy, but has fleas, and I can't let him near my cats until I know he's okay!) So in the next week, either his original family finds him (unlikely, since I've been looking myself, putting ads in the paper and saying on the radio that I have him) or I'll officially adopt him next weekend!!!

So prayers and positive energies that the little guy ends up in the family that's best for him, and that I have the strength to deal with it either way.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  1:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
I'm with you!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1939 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  1:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message
I'm really sure that little guys found at Thanksgiving will end up in the right home where they will get lots of love and turkey...

Linda

"Randy lay there like a slug...it was his only defense." Ralphie
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2054 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  1:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Amie, I can understand so easily how this little doodle bug captured your heart. I'll keep both of you in my tho'ts. Please let us know what happens.

Go to Top of Page

Aileen
New Pal

19 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  3:16:32 PM  Show Profile Send Aileen a Private Message
I'm fostering 3 fleabitten (literally) kittens, and know all too well how endearing they can be (fleas and all). I hope your cat is either found by an anxious family or returned to you forever, and is a source of joy and happiness.

BTW - the vet care available varies from place to place. If you end up keeping it, take him to your vet and check for ear mites, conjuctivitis and internal parasites. All are easily cured, but also quite contagious - which is why my foster babies are being kept separate from my permanent pets.
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4390 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  3:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
Sounds meant to be! Even if he finds another home, you gave him what he needed most at the time, and he knew he'd come to the right place. Thanks to you for giving.

Jane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?