Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Shawls and Scarves
 Leaf Lace Shawl?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Nanny Ogg
Warming Up

53 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  6:15:46 PM  Show Profile Send Nanny Ogg a Private Message
Mike, you are not alone. I just had to undo 4 rows of my Leaf shawl. I seem to make more mistakes the further I get. I made one big one but I think I can sew it together. I now run a life line at the end of each set and make sure my purls line up when I can. How many repeats are you doing? I am up to 11 and I think I will go to 15.
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Seriously Hooked

649 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  04:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike's Homepage Send Mike a Private Message
I'm on the 12th repeat and I will have 307 sts at the gauge I'm knitting it will be a little more than 62" across the top before the edging is knitted. I just started this last series this morning. I finished the pattern side and the knit purl side I just need to count it before I start row 143.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Seriously Hooked

649 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  10:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike's Homepage Send Mike a Private Message
The Christmas gift update. I gave my wife the shawl yesterday morning, she was surprised, and she said “For ME!” She has seen me do huge projects but I guess I’ve always bought her favorite things for Christmas. I’ve made her stuff too but never as a surprise gift.

I printed out this complete thread to give her an idea the support I received from you guys and to give her some insight into the magnitude of the project and gave it to her to read. She did say “I guess I am pretty lucky”, I just smiled and said “Damn right you are” :o)

Thanks for all the help. I pray for the best for ya all in the coming year.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  11:29:38 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message

We need a pic of her wearing her shawl!

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by