Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 almost done!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knitnut63
New Pal

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  6:07:48 PM  Show Profile Send knitnut63 a Private Message
I started way early on Holiday gifts this year. When I realized that Chanukah starts the day after Thanksgiving, I started in July! My gifts are more like thank-you's to friends or relatives who were extra helpful to me this year, or have admired some things I've made recently. I also found it's fun and relatively easy to make accessories. I felted 5 knitted purses (one's a cell phone purse)with novelty yarn (trendsetter), made 2 scarves with "fur" by Trendsetter and cotton by Annie Blatt, and am just starting a third. Last year I made 3 triangle scarves; one for me which I wore almost daily last year, one for my boss (though never saw her wear it - no more knitted gifts for her!) and 1 for my sister-in-law who lives in another state so can't say she does or doesn't wear it. But so fun to make and truly a gift from the heart. The hardest thing about the felted purses were putting in the snaps and the cord. I sewed on gorgeous buttons to complement the colors in the novelty yarn. I also sewed in labels that say I hand knit them. I don't know what I'm going to do for next year. I didn't have time to make any sweaters this season. I made 3 last year for myself and kids. My son's almost to the point of unravelling but he outgrew it anyway, and my daughters is outgrown but the yarn is so gorgeous that I'm problably going to rip it out and the matching hat (came out too big) and remake it into another sweater for next year. (she didn't appreciate it anyway) I can't wait to see the reaction of the people who will be recieving - some seemed jealous that they didn't get handknits last year when they saw or heard about the scarves!

PattiG
Permanent Resident

1119 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  09:11:10 AM  Show Profile Send PattiG a Private Message
I went the accessories route too this year. What kind of cellphone purse? I like that idea. I used some extra yarn to make little pouches for purse-size kleenex... I also made some headbands and scrunchies for stockings...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.73 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe