Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 You know you're an addict when...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

artsyfish

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  3:17:55 PM  Show Profile Send artsyfish a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pgamathews@juno.com

When you're a new knitter and are regretting the 45 years that you weren't knitting.. AND, when you are stashing yarns in every place that your husband won't look so he won't ask how many more projects am I working on at the same time?????

Or you learned when you were young and regret all the years the needles were idle between then and now!

I NEED to knit every day - and what's strange about carrying a project in the car at all times? I want to be able to knit and read a book at the same time
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  3:19:52 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
1. Knit in the bathtub

2. Plan trips around knitting stores and know how to get to the knitting stores but not your destination.
Go to Top of Page

samuraisqurl@yahoo.com

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  3:29:29 PM  Show Profile Send samuraisqurl@yahoo.com a Private Message
...when you ask your four year old to run get you your measuring tape, pattern and dpns from the kitchen table and she knows exactly what to get! I dream about yarn all the time as well!

http://knittingmoon.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MijTink
Chatty Knitter

USA
240 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  3:38:53 PM  Show Profile Send MijTink a Private Message
. . . when you start feeling inclined to hide your stash, even if you live alone.

"Confidence is that feeling you have before you understand what you are doing."
-Guarantee Reserve Guardian
Go to Top of Page

Sue Woo
Permanent Resident

USA
1974 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  3:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sue Woo's Homepage Send Sue Woo a Private Message
You know you're an addict when the mailman says "Either get off the computer or get new friends". Mine actually siad that to me!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  3:54:20 PM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
You're right Martha about the dreaming part I've been doing that lately.And I also dream about.reading things in this forum lately.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

stevenbaer@verizon.net

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  4:11:11 PM  Show Profile Send stevenbaer@verizon.net a Private Message
You know you're addicted to knitting when you knit everywhere -- in the car at red lights, in line at the MVA, waiting on line at the movies, even when you're at the closing to buy your new house!
Go to Top of Page

truncali@warwick.net

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  4:21:29 PM  Show Profile Send truncali@warwick.net a Private Message
I know that I am addicted to knitting because a new issue of a magazine was delivered yesterday and I already have the yarn in my stash for one of the featured items. Yarn was purchased over a year ago!
Always on the lookout for new and interesting yarns.
Janet
Go to Top of Page

eyeknit2
Warming Up

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  5:06:15 PM  Show Profile Send eyeknit2 a Private Message
You know that you are an addict when you husband says that he will put on your tombstone "And she knit her last Row!"
Go to Top of Page

prayerfully_made
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  5:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit prayerfully_made's Homepage  Send prayerfully_made a Yahoo! Message Send prayerfully_made a Private Message
When you put on your dating profile the fact that a man must like to shop. Also when you run a company doing custom knitting so you can keep buying yarn, knitting machines and crochet hooks (still have to learn how to hand knit when I come up for air from this show), and when you get the dog to pose for pictures of your products.

Sara
http://www.prayerfullymade.com

OH and the 5 trunks of yarn.

Sara Hoos, Fiber Artist
http://www.prayerfullymade.com
Go to Top of Page

mhlewallen@yahoo.com

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  5:52:50 PM  Show Profile Send mhlewallen@yahoo.com a Private Message
You know you're addicted to knitting when all you can think of day and night is getting more yarn for your stash and finding more pattern books.

Mhlewallen
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  6:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message
You know you're an addict when ....
you catch yourself commenting to a co-worker that the process of paycheck procurement is seriously cutting into your knitting time! LOL

the day I did it I think my supervisor overheard, but that's ok .... his wife knits too.
Go to Top of Page

Dom2
New Pal

10 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  6:25:27 PM  Show Profile Send Dom2 a Private Message
My name is Rita and I am a knitting addict (this is starting to sound like a 12 step meeting so I thought I'd make it official).

I sometimes get so wrapped up in a project that I knit through the night and don't notice till the sun comes up - even when I have to go to work in the morning!

And I am thinking about giving away my good china because the china hutch is the only space left that isn't jammed full of yarn.

But I suppose there are worse habits. At least that is what I tell myself when I am buying more yarn....
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  6:29:52 PM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message
I guess I realised I must be an addict when I brought my knitting to jury duty and the prosecutor warned me that if I dared knit there I would be charged with contempt of court.

Grand-moogi - Back after a spell away
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  6:31:41 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbaer@verizon.net

You know you're addicted to knitting when you knit everywhere -- in the car at red lights, in line at the MVA, waiting on line at the movies, even when you're at the closing to buy your new house!

Grocery Store check out lines are also a great place to knit! :-)
Go to Top of Page

bratling
New Pal

49 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  6:37:56 PM  Show Profile Send bratling a Private Message
Uhm.... when you call in sick to work so you can go to the LYS when it's ACTUALLY open to get yarn for sweaters... then order MORE when you get home.

Not that I've ever done that :o

When you figure out that you can knit under your desk, and stash it away quickly in a broken part - having gently used a nailfile to get rid of all the splinters so it doesn't mess up that yarn.
(I have a lot of time on my hands at work)

and yes, I hide my stash from myself.

AND (just one more)

I'm quitting smoking so I have more time to knit!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  7:38:45 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
When you have four projects going. You have bags of yarn and you buy even more yarn. You are in your car doing errands and your yarn store beckons like a bag of Hersheys chocolates.
Great Topic
Go to Top of Page

lauraks555
New Pal

42 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  9:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit lauraks555's Homepage Send lauraks555 a Private Message
Wonderful question and I see myself in a lot of the others' answers!

I knew I was a knitting addict early, but didn't really acknowledge it until this Christmas. My sister, who lives a couple of states away, crocheted my mother, me, and my other sister scarves for Christmas. Three different yarns, in three different colors and, from my own stash, I could make exactly matching mittens and hats for each scarf. After getting my own scarf and seeing that I had that same yarn in that same color, I checked out my Mom's and had that, too. Then, later, I went to the other sister's house to check out HER scarf, hoping that I didn't have the yarn and thus would HAVE to go buy more yarn. Sadly, I did have that yarn in that color already. My crocheting sister and have never yarn-shopped together, either!

My family enables my addiction just as long as bills are paid and they get something made for them, occasionally. Every time sisters, parents, daughter or husband sees a UFO around here, they'll ask, "Is that for ME?"
Go to Top of Page

wagnermeg
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2005 :  06:44:23 AM  Show Profile Send wagnermeg a Private Message
You buy new needles when your plane lands bec. your travel mates didn't want to get held up at security by the ones you wanted to carry on.
Go to Top of Page

ibmomof2
Chatty Knitter

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2005 :  06:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Send ibmomof2 a Yahoo! Message Send ibmomof2 a Private Message
You know you're an addict when:

You give your husband a yarn list for his upcoming business trip to Japan. I told him make sure he matches dye lots, and buy at least 10 of what he picks.

Liz

I shoudn't be known as only a Wife and a Mother. I prefer Domestic Goddess.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?