Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 You know you're an addict when...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

RandiesDandies
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  1:57:58 PM  Show Profile Send RandiesDandies a Private Message
You know you're an addict when ...
You are in a foreign land, don't speak the local language and follow somone around while trying to figure out the knitting pattern on their back. Pulling out a camera to photograph same speaks to the depth of my addiction.

Your husband refers to every vacation as "Our tour of the Yarn shops of..."

You are in a foreign land, don't speak the local language and try to communicate by various nonverbal gestures to buy a sufficient quantity of yarn, interpret a pattern written in a lanuage you can't even read (Kanji), and manage to enjoy yourself despite the frustration. Now, that's just nuts!
Go to Top of Page

kim in michigan
New Pal

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit kim in michigan's Homepage Send kim in michigan a Private Message
I'm with you, Pam, I'd like to be snowed in at the yarn store overnight! It's funny, I used to always dream of being locked in the public library overnight.

You know you're a knitting addict when...
...you keep buying more knitting books, even after telling yourself that you really, really don't need any more.
...you try to knit while doing household chores, and if that fails, you just don't do the chores.
...you know you have enough yarn to keep you knitting for years, yet still "need" to go to the yarn shop regularly.
...when someone mentions the possibility of there being a group called Knitters Anonymous, you think, "But why would I want to stop knitting?!"

Kim Smith, just north of Detroit
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:05:43 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by LLWoollyMammoth
I have a pattern for a felted waist pack that can hold projects, but I'm thinking a little fanny pack for the motorcycle, with the yarn securely zipped in and run up through my jacket. Still haven't given up the concept. Just working on the details, now.

I've got a couple suggestions for you! I have this bag that you wear over your wrist (it has an elastic strap and the top of the bag has a bit of elastic in it) that holds the yarn when I'm walking and knitting. I think it's made by Circular Solution (???) and it might work for you. The other option is to put a grommet in your fanny pack or felted bag and feed the yarn through that. Yes, it would mean you'd have to keep the yarn there till you got to the end of the ball, but for me it'd be worth it to keep the yarn from trailing away.

My contribution to "you know you're addicted when": you show up somewhere, like a church function, and people you barely know ask you where your knitting is!

chris

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

Mpenzi.Campbell@srz.com

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:06:41 PM  Show Profile Send Mpenzi.Campbell@srz.com a Private Message
Hi I am so happy to hear that they are so many knitters who are addicted to knitting. I constantly surfing the web looking for bargins and new trendy pattern it is like have a disease and not even care about looking for a cure. I absolutely love knitting I feel very strange when I donot have my yarn and needle.
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:16:58 PM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message
You know you are an addict when your kids tell you they would rather go to the dentist, than go into a yarn shop. Donna

Donna watkins
Go to Top of Page

klefklef@aol.com
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:23:19 PM  Show Profile Send klefklef@aol.com a Private Message
You know you're an addict when...you find a thread on the back of a coat worn on the person in front of you, pick it off without their noticing, and begin to 'chain loop' it with your bare fingers wishing you had a few beads to customize it as your own chic original!!!!
Go to Top of Page

margo@alamedanet.net

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:24:10 PM  Show Profile Send margo@alamedanet.net a Private Message
I kid you not, this happened to me last night...

you know you're a knitting addict when you dream about sexy Viggo Mortenson (Aragorn, Lord of the Rings,) and he's running a store selling hand dyed yarn.
Go to Top of Page

F1FAN
Warming Up

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:26:20 PM  Show Profile Send F1FAN a Private Message
You know you're an addict when your 4 year old son says, "Mommy will you play with me?" and then cries when he see's knitting needles in your hand and says "Not knitting, PLAY with ME".
Go to Top of Page

knitche
New Pal

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:27:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitche's Homepage Send knitche a Private Message
OMG, great topic!!

1. when: your stash has is own room (NOT closet) in the house!
2. when: you ask for MORE knitting paraphanalia as gifts from family and friends.
3. when: mutterings of 'just one more row' are your personal "mantra"!

Rotflmao!
Noreen

Knitting, Crocheting, Spinning, Tatting, BobbinLace and Designing are my NICHE in life!

http://mail2office.tripod.com/noreensknitche/

http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us/
Go to Top of Page

shanayres
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:37:55 PM  Show Profile Send shanayres a Private Message
You know you're an addict when, on waking up in the morning, you reach for your knitting! And the phrase you speak more often than anything else is "just one more row and then I'll stop!"
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
You know you're an addict when your dog asks to go outside, you say "not till I finish this row" and the dog sits down...

... when you're at a restaurant with your husband and you ask him to lean over to the table behind you and tell the woman to move her drink so you can get a better look at the cable on her chest....

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

mallard123@zoominternet.net

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:47:44 PM  Show Profile Send mallard123@zoominternet.net a Private Message
You know you are an addict when....you are finishing a sweater on your honeymoon. Said wedding was in June and sweater was a bulky mohair for winter. Well, the marriage has lasted 40 years and so has the knitting. I also have been known to knit almost everwhere....used to knit at the movies....now I just get DVD and knit on my sofa. I also knit while in labor(twice)and while in the hospital trying to finish the baby's afghan...or was it booties...Most of my friends think I am crazy.....I am sooo glad to hear there are others out there too. This is too cool. I agree who wants to be cured? Not I!! Now my chocolate addiction....maybe.
Anne (Silken Threads)
Go to Top of Page

Sketcher
Gabber Extraordinaire

597 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:52:02 PM  Show Profile Send Sketcher a Private Message
You know your families are co-dependents to your addiction when they grab one of your knitting bags to get you out to the car faster when it's time to leave.
Go to Top of Page

kawsharp@excite.com
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:54:36 PM  Show Profile Send kawsharp@excite.com a Private Message
When you walk in the door from work and pick up you knitting needles, instead of cooking dinner first!
Go to Top of Page

chick with sticks
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  2:58:37 PM  Show Profile Send chick with sticks a Private Message
Leaving after the snow had started this past weekend (Blizzard 2005 in northeast), driving into the snow to a yarn shop that is on top of a mountain..wheels spinning, we make it to the shop, which is in the basement of owner's home. The driveway has a terrible grade, the owner's husband came to the top of the driveway to walk my friend and I down to the shop. OH MY, what a mess. Leaving 1 hour later, creeping back down the mountain in low gear for the hour long treck back home. And really, I need more yarn like another hole in my head!!!! But it was an adventure.
Go to Top of Page

maganna
Chatty Knitter

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  3:00:08 PM  Show Profile Send maganna a Private Message
.............you get upset when your mother-in-law announces she will be knitting the Christening blanket for the newest arrival to the family!
.............you save an unwearable sweater for years because it was your favorite and someday you are going to make a replica.
.............your favorite sellers list on ebay are all fiber/needle related
What a great topic!

Jennifer S.
Go to Top of Page

F1FAN
Warming Up

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  3:00:43 PM  Show Profile Send F1FAN a Private Message
this is all so funny. Is there a 12-Step program for knitters?
On second thought, this is the healthiest addiction to have. Let's keep it up.
Go to Top of Page

pgamathews@juno.com
New Pal

5 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  3:05:35 PM  Show Profile Send pgamathews@juno.com a Private Message
When you're a new knitter and are regretting the 45 years that you weren't knitting.. AND, when you are stashing yarns in every place that your husband won't look so he won't ask how many more projects am I working on at the same time?????
Go to Top of Page

fibergirl
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  3:10:38 PM  Show Profile Send fibergirl a Private Message
You know you are addicted to knitting when, on that rare occassion you realize you inadvertently forgot to bring along a knitting project, after you have reminded yourself the situation does not call for panic, you have to struggle to remember just what it was you used to do during the small waits of life.

You know you are addicted to knitting when you wake in the middle of the night for whatever reason and can't go back to sleep until you get up and knit a few rows.
Go to Top of Page

jwollesen@comcast.net

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  3:11:39 PM  Show Profile Send jwollesen@comcast.net a Private Message
You are answering forums like this!!! LOL
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.