Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 You know you're an addict when...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

amyk717@aol.com

USA
Posted - 01/15/2005 :  2:48:08 PM  Show Profile Send amyk717@aol.com a Private Message
You arrive in San Francisco with your family and, while your husband points out all the beautiful sites to your children, you're frantically knitting as many more rows as possible! And on the evening of the wedding you travelled there to attend, your children remind you that, under no uncertain circumstances, are you allowed to knit at the event!

homebodyknits
Seriously Hooked

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2005 :  3:14:53 PM  Show Profile Send homebodyknits a Private Message
Boy does that sound familiar! It's the same with a good book. Homebody Knits
Go to Top of Page

Yarnni
Permanent Resident

Canada
1021 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2005 :  4:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yarnni's Homepage Send Yarnni a Private Message
Isn't it funny when they get a scared look in their eyes....."please don't knit and embarrass us again!"

Yarnni
www.knitwerx.com
Go to Top of Page

Rlee
New Pal

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  3:34:42 PM  Show Profile Send Rlee a Private Message
Welcome.. and from what I'm finding since I've started knitting again, this all seems very normal!

Ruth
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  11:38:54 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
"Waddaya mean, I can't knit at the wedding? Of course I can!"

Welcome to the forums.

Barbara
Remember, we're self-selecting!

My photos: I've gone back to yahoo!
My blog:
Go to Top of Page

KnitNShoot
Warming Up

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2005 :  12:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnitNShoot's Homepage Send KnitNShoot a Private Message
Oh man! You sound like me. Hubby and I went out on 'date night' and went to the movies. I said, "Thikn it's okay for me to bring my knitting?" He glared at me and said, "Ummm... no." Hee hee.

Jenn

Knitting like a fiend in Northern, CA

My Blog - http://knitnshoot.typepad.com/

My Biz - http://www.jennifermarshphoto.com
Go to Top of Page

irishmomof9
Chatty Knitter

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2005 :  2:16:41 PM  Show Profile Send irishmomof9 a Private Message
Welcome, Amy! I've got another "You know you're an addict when..." My husband and I moved from PA to AL last August, and I had at least 15 of the HUGE plastic trunks, each packed to the point of bursting with yarn, (and this after having given away over 2/3 of my PA stash! Now I have yarn in 3 rooms here, and still have about 6-7 of the huge plastic trunks full still, with nowhere else to put it! Now that we're somewhat unpacked, I'm knitting 3 sweaters, and made lots of hats, mittens and scarves for Christmas, so, hopefully, my stash will be able to be contained!

...and may God hold you in the palm of His hand
Go to Top of Page

akt
Warming Up

83 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2005 :  7:50:44 PM  Show Profile Send akt a Private Message
Oh, I can totally relate. Hello, my name is Anne and I am a yarn addict. Whenever I go somewhere new, I check the yellow pages for yarn stores and even Mapquest them out to determine if I will be close to any stores. And if I don't get to at least one (for a yarn fix), I feel anxious and somewhat frustrated!!!! No, I don't start to sweat and shake, but I clearly exhibit addiction-like symptoms. I KNOW I am not the only one.

And I take my knitting everywhere. To the movies, to restaurants (one reason why I bought the Jordana Paige bag), to soccer games, to the doctor's office, and even to a wedding this fall (but the opportunity to knit did not happen - the bride was also an avid knitter so I was not concerned).

Welcome, fellow addict!

Anne
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2005 :  8:07:24 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
I find that I don't feel right unless there is yarn on the way in the mail. How weird is that?

Anita, waiting for 2 packages

See my completed projects!
http://www.picturetrail.com/achrisvet
Go to Top of Page

CPAknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
748 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  07:09:36 AM  Show Profile Send CPAknit a Private Message
You know your an addict when.... You carry two bags with in progress knitting projects at all times... just in case you have a spare minute

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

PamS
Seriously Hooked

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  07:35:08 AM  Show Profile Send PamS a Private Message
I carry my knitting every where as well. And last Saturday--the Blizzard of 2005 in the northeast--I was glad that I did. What is it about the prospect of being snowed in for 24 hours that drives people like cattle to the grocery store? Would they starve to death? Anyway, I'm on this line from hell--40 minutes!--realized that I didn't have my Pocket PC to play games, but brightened when I remembered that I had knitting with me, so I happily knitted while on line--with many raised eyebrows. I bet they were jealous. I kept thinking that maybe the snow would wait until I had my Saturday fix at the yarn store, (there's a place I'd like to be snowed in) but by the time I left the food store, it was too slick even for me who doesn't mind driving in snow.

--PamS
Go to Top of Page

Mooseloose
Warming Up

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  3:43:30 PM  Show Profile Send Mooseloose a Private Message
Do you think there are Knitters Annoymous meetings somewhere. Probably, and they will all be knitting.
Go to Top of Page

margeaa
Chatty Knitter

USA
318 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  09:38:35 AM  Show Profile Send margeaa a Private Message
When on vacation, I also find out if there are any yarn stores in the area! I also have a SIL who lives about 1-1/2 hours from me who is also an avid knitter and now when we meet for lunch, we determine where to eat based on how close it is to a yarn store!!
Go to Top of Page

myrtletheturtle
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  11:29:43 AM  Show Profile Send myrtletheturtle a Private Message
Hi everyone!
I feel so much better to know I'm not the only one.

I'm in the process of designing a backpack or frontpack bag that will allow me to knit while riding on the back of my husband's Harley without getting my yarns tangled.

He can't stand the thought of it - but I'm gonna do it anyway!

Keep me in stitches!
Go to Top of Page

LLWoollyMammoth
New Pal

20 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  12:23:39 PM  Show Profile Send LLWoollyMammoth a Private Message
I actually did knit on the back of our BMW one day. It was a sock so I wouldn't have to think. Well, I wear a full helmet with a face shield, so I can't look down. We passed 4 couples on harley's and I thought I was sooooo cool, knitting on the back of the big bike.
Later I realized that the yarn had been blowing out behind the bike from my pocket--where I thought it was safely stowed--and there must have been about a half ball strung out behind the bike as we passed the other bikers. They are probably still laughing at that stupid woman trailing yarn all over. It was an awful mess to untangle, too.
Oh well. I have a pattern for a felted waist pack that can hold projects, but I'm thinking a little fanny pack for the motorcycle, with the yarn securely zipped in and run up through my jacket. Still haven't given up the concept. Just working on the details, now.
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  1:17:35 PM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
When you make a cup of coffee ,go into your e-mail,IM,forum,watch tv and KNIT KNIT KNIT.in between.From morning 'til night.You feel awful when you have to put it down to wash dishes,do laundry,go out to get more yarn or something,etc.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

lesfisch
New Pal

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  1:35:24 PM  Show Profile Send lesfisch a Private Message
you dress up as a knitting basket for Halloween!
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2075 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  1:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Cool topic amy717...
You know you are an addict when
*** you dream about knitting.
*** you have a bag w/a knitting project in it in your car 24/7.
*** you find yourself in a very important meeting when you suddenly realize that while you have been thinking about a knitting project, everyone stopped the conversation & is looking at you for a response.
*** you talk about knitting & WIPs even though your friends don't know a purl from a yarn-over.
Martha
Go to Top of Page

gailmowry
New Pal

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  1:45:34 PM  Show Profile Send gailmowry a Private Message
I admitted to being an addict when my friend used the bathroom and could find no towels in the towel, cabenet only stacks of yarn. That's in addition to the three under the bed bins, one under the sidearm amd a large mens' dresser full of yarn oh yes and the bags that I haven't put away yet. OH and I want to go yarn shopping!
Go to Top of Page

katyer@houston.rr.com

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  1:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit katyer@houston.rr.com's Homepage Send katyer@houston.rr.com a Private Message
....when the first thing you think of in the morning is your knitting project. Also...

....when you decide not to (insert chore here)and knit instead.

Go to Top of Page

knitwit49@comcast.net

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  1:57:15 PM  Show Profile Send knitwit49@comcast.net a Private Message
Yes, but has anyone knit at a Cubs game? My family rolled their eyes, kept trying to trip me up by asking the score, etc. Hey...a Mom/Cubs fan can multitask!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?