Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 500 to 800 Yards
 DB Cashmerino Superchunky
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

levis_mama
Chatty Knitter

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  5:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit levis_mama's Homepage Send levis_mama a Private Message
I have 10 balls (830 yds) of this in olive and am stumped as to what to do with it. I'm thinking an oversized cardigan. All the DB cardigans I've come across for this yarn that I like require more balls than I have (and her large tends to be more like a small or medium). I could get a few balls in another color to use for trim, but I don't want to rewrite the pattern to fit. I don't really want to create something; I just want to follow a pattern and be done with it. Gauge is 3st/1" on US11.

Thanks.

StephanieR
A priest, a rabbi, and a minister all walk into a stich-n-beach...

carpe diem
Permanent Resident

1158 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  7:06:55 PM  Show Profile Send carpe diem a Private Message
Hi Stephanie,
I don't have a specific pattern to recommend, but rather a suggestion for you. Funny as I'm sitting here wearing my Cashmerino Superchunky cardigan - if I knit with this again, I would knit at a tighter gauge of 3.5 - 3.75/1" on US 10.5 - it'll wear better. You may have enough by sticking to a simple pattern in stockinette. Much of her patterns are textured, which is why I seem to gravitate toward her designs. Enjoy yourself! This was absolutely heavenly to knit and much too fast!

~ Lisa, Seattle
Go to Top of Page

levis_mama
Chatty Knitter

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  6:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit levis_mama's Homepage Send levis_mama a Private Message
thanks, lisa. I will dig through my pattern stash again, keeping that in mind. I think there are a couple to choose from at that guage. There also may be one in the new knit it; i'll have to look at it again.

StephanieR
Go to Top of Page

kekokat
Seriously Hooked

USA
845 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  6:32:34 PM  Show Profile Send kekokat a Private Message
Dear Levis,
I think you should just give that DB yarn to me. I'll take really good care of it. (o:
Go to Top of Page

levis_mama
Chatty Knitter

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  9:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit levis_mama's Homepage Send levis_mama a Private Message
Kekokat, I was considering taking you up on your offer, but I finally found something!! DB book 7, Plum. It takes 8 or 9 balls. woo hoo!

AND...Bliss actually wrote a pattern for someone with a bust bigger than a 36 so I won't have to rewrite the pattern.

I can see where atighter gauge would make a big difference in the wear. This pattern calls for 3st to 1" and it could be tighter. The yarn doesn't like to frog more than once before it starts complaining - looking a little loose and fuzzy. But all in all it's a nice knit and it's moving along quickly. I might do this pattern again in something less expensive.

StephanieR
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe