Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 The Curse of the Love Sweater?
 The curse of the boyfriend scarf?????
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

frenetic@charter.net
Permanent Resident

1386 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  06:06:19 AM  Show Profile Send frenetic@charter.net a Private Message
Many years ago, my mother crocheted an afghan for my then boyfriend. We had been dating just a few months. I was very nervous about it and was totally surprised my mother would do such a thing, especially since she had only met him once. Well, he received the afghan and loved it! It was terribly cold in his apartment, and he used the afghan all the time. To make a long story short, we have been married 23 years! My mother continues to make afghans for us, and now I knit lots of cozy things for her.
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

MindfulKnitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

445 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  2:38:16 PM  Show Profile Send MindfulKnitter a Private Message
Lorelei, we loved your curse. Somewhere this jerk is choking to death! (And he deserves it!)

Sharon, your mother must be psychic! We think she knew this fellow was "the one". Congratulations!

Best wishes,
Jennifer and Patty

"There are two ways of spreading the light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." --Edith Wharton
Go to Top of Page

my3seadogs@yahoo.com

USA
Posted - 01/06/2005 :  3:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit my3seadogs@yahoo.com's Homepage  Send my3seadogs@yahoo.com a Yahoo! Message Send my3seadogs@yahoo.com a Private Message
I'm glad I checked in -- I had been wondering how things went with your scarf dilemma, Joelle. Your boyfriend has demonstrated that he's indeed a sterling man -- nay, solid gold! I do love a happy ending.

--karen

The Salty Sheepdog Baa & Grille
Go to Top of Page

celia
Permanent Resident

Australia
2454 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  4:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit celia's Homepage Send celia a Private Message
Before christmas, I knitted a scarf as a test for a pattern I was going to submit to an online magazine. The scarf has been scarf-napped by my bf who said he liked it. It's so rare that he wants anything I make for himself and has always said he'd wear anything I make for him because I made it, but I know that he prefers the fine gauge of machine knit sweaters and socks. So when he said he liked the scarf I asked whether he'd like me to make him one, and he said, "what's wrong with this one?", with it wrapped around his neck. So said scarf is now his.. and THERE IS NO CURSE ATTACHED TO IT! (says she with her fingers crossed....)

celia

My blog is here
http://celiaknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Wen
Permanent Resident

Australia
3244 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  6:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wen's Homepage Send Wen a Private Message
Celia, DH first scarf has virtually the same story attached to it. He now has another knitted for him and a jumper on the way.

Wen

2004 stats: 23 FO, 7 WIP, 5 frogpond.
http://photos.yahoo.com/whdayus
Go to Top of Page

dehampton
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  2:17:12 PM  Show Profile Send dehampton a Private Message
Joelle - I made my boyfriend of 10 months a chunky black scarf in October of 04 and he's still crazy about me (and the scarf!) However, I let him pick out the pattern and yarn, which I strongly reccommend you doing! If your boy appreciates your talent for knitting, I'm sure he'll appreciate anything you make him.

Good luck - let us know how it turns out!
Darcy H.
Iowa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by