Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Latest fashion in NZ varsities
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marjorie
Seriously Hooked

New Zealand
605 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2002 :  12:37:13 AM  Show Profile Send Marjorie a Private Message
I was amused by a report in the newspaper today and on the telly that said that the latest fad in Dunedin and Canterbury universitys(which are both in the South Island)is to wear knitted tea cozies on their heads.The holes for the spout and handle can be used for poking pig tails or ponytails through.Apparently they are selling for about NZ $2 each and the students are buying them from second hand clothing stores although some of the normal hat shops are getting in on the act.Apparently knitters are being hired to keep up with demand as there are waiting lists.Unfortunatly as students are known for their lack of money it won't be a big money earner.Just thought you might like a laugh to start your day.
Marjorie

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2002 :  08:53:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
What will they think of next--I guess we know now! I bet Alissa would love to hear about this one,since she designs tea cozies. Maybe she could keep the "hat" idea in mind! Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page

Hello Knitty
Permanent Resident

1069 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2002 :  10:39:41 AM  Show Profile Send Hello Knitty a Private Message
Darn! I'm wearing my hair in pigtails today but my tea cozies are at home! Guess that save me knitting myself a few new hats!!!

Go to Top of Page

kiwi
Chatty Knitter

New Zealand
162 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2002 :  1:57:59 PM  Show Profile Send kiwi a Private Message
Well my mum was just visiting from NZ last week and was commenting on all the teenagers wearing bare midriff t-shirts in the middle of the winter. However she didn't mention tea cozies. Guess it's not cold enough in Auckland!
Penny
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?