Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 How Long Do You Knit Daily/Weekly?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Roxanne
Seriously Hooked

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  6:07:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Roxanne's Homepage Send Roxanne a Private Message
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering how long some of you knit on a daily or weekly basis? I tend to knit for an hour or hour and half when I do sit down to knit but that isn't every day so maybe weekly I get in about 6-8 hours.

"Success is a Journey; not a Destination"
Finished Projects: http://photos.yahoo.com/roxanne_delorme

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  6:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
Once in a while I will take a whole day (usually a Wednesday or in the summer it could be a Sunday) and just knit all day. Otherwise if I'm home I'll knit at night if the TV is on, so maybe 2 hours. Sometimes I can sneak in an hour or two in the morning but I have to skip KR to do that. I do knit almost every day, one way or another.
This week, because of extenuating circumstances, I haven't knit a stitch but I did start reading The Knitter's Gift.
Go to Top of Page

Knit kitty
Permanent Resident

USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  6:46:24 PM  Show Profile Send Knit kitty a Private Message
I usually get at least an hour on normal days, up to 5 on really good days
Waiting in the car for the kids to get out of school is the time I can count on!

~Rebecca

"Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
Go to Top of Page

RachelKnitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2995 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  6:50:29 PM  Show Profile Send RachelKnitter a Private Message
I usually knit every night somewhere between 1-3 hours, and sometimes more on my day off.
Go to Top of Page

Tam
Permanent Resident

Australia
2810 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  7:17:59 PM  Show Profile Send Tam a Private Message
I knit most nights for about 3 hours, and sometimes I get some in during the day, especially when I have doctors appointments.

Happy Knitting,
Tam in Melbourne

http://photos.yahoo.com/lillysmum2002

2004 Stats: 20 FOs, 2 WIPs, 1 frog, 1 on hold

Go to Top of Page

knit_chick
Permanent Resident

1484 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  7:23:52 PM  Show Profile Send knit_chick a Private Message
I try to get an hour or so in each night while watching TV or on the phone.

My knitting projects and random blathering
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4370 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  8:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
I knit for a couple of hours in the evening, and sometimes for a longer stretch on my days off. I started a new sweater yesterday (I am finally making a Braids cardigan, with Elann Peruvian Highland wool) and I knit for so long that I lost track of the time -- but that's normal when I'm starting something, because I'm so excited!

Jane

My album: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzenu0u9/
Go to Top of Page

~rosie~
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
435 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  8:08:03 PM  Show Profile Send ~rosie~ a Private Message
Hmmm...probably 10-15 hours a week or so.

An hour and a half to two hours on commute, unless I read instead. About an hour or at knit group per week. Usually at least one movie on the weekend, plus about two to three hours of other random TV throughout the week.

That's a normal "mimimum." Sometimes more, rarely less.

I'm hopelessly addicted. I'm strung out on yarn.
Go to Top of Page

Boogie
Permanent Resident

USA
3073 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  8:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boogie's Homepage Send Boogie a Private Message
I knit for usually 1-3 hours at night some weeks more when work is slow and some weeks less when I'm busy.

amy
http://theboogerblog.blogspot.com
http://www.spunkyhats.com
Go to Top of Page

Roxanne
Seriously Hooked

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  8:38:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Roxanne's Homepage Send Roxanne a Private Message
Wow guys, that's really great! No wonder some of you have projects flying off your needles...LOL I ought to just knit more weekly too but I also am a tad addicted to the computer...the only other pasttime that takes up just as much time as my knitting...and what am I looking at on the computer? Besides the usual emails and chatting with friends, why, it's knitting-related websites of course!! LOL

"Success is a Journey; not a Destination"
Finished Projects: http://photos.yahoo.com/roxanne_delorme
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3290 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  8:51:43 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
If I didn't faff about on the Knitters Review Forums I would probably get a lot more done, but I always manage to squeeze at least 3-4 hours a day in.

On a good day when everybody's out I just knit myself silly.

Knit on in peace and harmony.

Cheers.

Rose
ozyknitter@yahoo.com.au

Rose Windman
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
900 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  10:25:53 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message
Hi, Roxanne! I usually knit off-&-on everyday! Sometimes, if I wake
up in the middle of the night, I'll knit!

craftymjw

Keep on knittin'!
The more, the merrier!
Go to Top of Page

amaknda
Chatty Knitter

159 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  11:08:31 PM  Show Profile Send amaknda a Private Message
I can't even come up with an average. Any time I have to wait or have time to watch a movie at home then I am either knitting or sewing. I KIP and SIP. If I set aside time, it is usually for painting. So, it could be zero hours a weeks to OMG I am too embarrassed to say.

I hate going to see my dentist because I am only kept waiting long enough to answer the receptionist's 'how are you'. No time to knit!
Go to Top of Page

busygirl
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
1673 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  11:14:50 PM  Show Profile Send busygirl a Private Message

I usually knit for about 1-2 hours in the evenings ,while watching TV,and over weekends I tend to knit for longer periods,especially while listening to audiocassettes of some of my favourite novels.

Leslie
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2004 :  12:44:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
Usually, I knit for 3 or 4 hours per night while watching TV (I watch WAAAY too much TV, but hey, I'm not really watching, I'm knitting!!) on the nights that I'm home. But I'm very involved in church and family things, so I'm not home every night.

In November and December, when I'm desperately trying to get my gifts all done in time, I will sometimes work in another 4 to 6 hours while the kids are doing schoolwork.

-Wendy

He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers-all of them master craftsmen and designers.
--Exodus 35:35
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2004 :  04:49:30 AM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
I usually knit from morning 'til night,seven days a week. Unless I'm doing what I'm doing now,I put my knitting down for the duration,then there I go again while I go to the next page. I do have appointments that stops me for 1-2 hrs.Then there's school volunteer thing that I do twice a week.That takes away from 8am-3pm.If I go shopping and errands there goes another 1-2 hrs.Church takes away about 5 hrs.Sunday evening (night out) takes another 5 hrs. But other then those things I'm forever knitting.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Lanea
Permanent Resident

USA
5189 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2004 :  08:41:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lanea's Homepage Send Lanea a Private Message
I normally knit for at least an hour between coming home from work and cooking dinner or eating if DH gets takeout. and then for another two or three hours while the TV is on a couple of nights a week. When I am working on something that is hard on my hands, I force myself to take frequent breaks (I just had to pick up the stitches from the base of my future felted bag, and that hurt like mad. I often alternate my knitting and my banjo--they take turns in my lap, and the knitting and banjo books may accidentally mate one of these days . . . those will be some odd offspring. I may be in exactly this odd banjo/knitting alternating position at MD Sheep and Wool this year--it looks like I have a demo gig there at my banjo-teacher's partner's booth. Yay!
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2004 :  2:16:49 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
In the morning with my coffee I try to do 15 minutes of meditation knitting, no tv or talking, sometimes with a mantra. I usually take my knitting with me and knit if I have a chance, then at least one hour in the evening with tv, also while chatting, and reading on line because i make simple hats that I knit by feel. Occasionally I crochet for a while, then back to my knitting!
Go to Top of Page

RachelKnitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2995 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2004 :  2:28:14 PM  Show Profile Send RachelKnitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Momma78239

Usually, I knit for 3 or 4 hours per night while watching TV (I watch WAAAY too much TV, but hey, I'm not really watching, I'm knitting!!) on the nights that I'm home.

Wendy, I consider that one of the major benefits of knitting--that you can watch bad TV without feeling guilty!
Go to Top of Page

Chappysmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

519 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2004 :  3:50:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chappysmom's Homepage Send Chappysmom a Private Message
About an hour each night while watching TV. I start off knitting, and when my fingers get tired, switch to reading until it's time to head upstairs for bed!

And, I absolutely agree that knitting is an ideal thing to do in front of the television--if the show is boring or stupid (grin), the knitting keeps your mind from falling asleep, and yet it's automatic enough to let you pay attention to the shows you want to watch. And no guilt about "doing nothing" while sitting in front of the tv!

Deb in NJ
Go to Top of Page

KysKnitnMom
Permanent Resident

1050 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2004 :  6:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit KysKnitnMom's Homepage Send KysKnitnMom a Private Message
I am averaging an hour a day. I have had a pretty bad case of tendonitis in my left thumb for about 6 months so I can't knit as much right now.

Megann, in sunny San Diego.

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?