Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Forum Feedback and Suggestion Box
 Forums
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dorogibson@Cox-Internet.com
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2002 :  09:50:16 AM  Show Profile Send Dorogibson@Cox-Internet.com a Private Message
Please, Please make it easier to UNsubscribe to a particular forum. I inadvertently hit sub. to Socks forum and immediately was overwhelmed with e-mail messages. I then spent over 1/2 hour finding out how to UNsub this forum. HELP. I did eventually find out how - but ..... this is ONLY place on WEB I have not been able to LOOK at a page w/O subscribing. Please FIX THIS.

Otherwise, I really, really like the Knitter's Forum and am so glad to have found it.

Clara
queen bee

USA
4398 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  07:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Hi,

I can appreciate your frustrations. Currently there are three ways to unsubscribe from a topic. The easiest way is to click on the "My Subscriptions" link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen (next to "My Profile," "My Buddy List" [if you have one], etc.). If you don't see the link, you don't have any subscriptions.

The other ways to do it are:

- Within any topic to which you've subscribed, the following options are presented as text links immediately to the right of the topic name before you see the actual posts: New Topic | Reply to Topic | Send Topic to a Friend | Unsubscribe from Topic | Printer Friendly

(If you aren't subscribed, the option will instead be "Subscribe to Topic"; and if you're in a topic or forum level that doesn't allow subscriptions, you won't see either option)

Clicking on the "Unsubscribe from Topic" will unsubscribe you.

- Click on the "unsubscribe" icon when viewing your subscribed topic. The icon looks like an envelope with a garbage can in front of it. If you hover your mouse over it, you'll see the word "unsubscribe." Clicking on this icon will unsubscribe you. (Again, if you're in a topic or forum level that doesn't allow subscriptions, you won't see this icon.)

I've added some information on this to the confirmation screen that pops up when someone subscribes to a topic. This should help make things even more clear.

Thanks for the feedback.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by