Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 New to Knitters Review
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ealtensee
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  10:01:43 AM  Show Profile Send ealtensee a Private Message
Hello. I have never posted anything anywhere. I am a mother of 3 wee-ones and got myself into quilting 6 years ago, only to find myself learning to crochet, knit, and spin, soon after. I love fibers.

Right now, I'm working mainly on a vest in some wool a friend brought back from Nova Scotia. It has a lot of cabling and moss stitch background. I work on it while waiting to pick up my oldest from Kindergarten while the other two scream because it takes so long.

I'm from Florida...its hot down here so we don't wear things that are warm very often; I long to knit a big warm sweater (I love alpaca), but I'm afraid we wouldn't use it too much.

I enjoy my email very much, especially when it comes to my kntting friends. I'd love to hear from any of you!

GreysMom2
Chatty Knitter

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  1:45:29 PM  Show Profile Send GreysMom2 a Private Message
Welcome to the Forums!

You'll really love it here. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I'm in Arizona, so I know what you mean about knitting in a hot climate. I too long to knit the big, bulky sweater but there is no way I'd ever get to wear it. I knit a lot of socks and tank tops instead.

I'm the mother of a beautiful 4 year old son, so I knit a lot for him. Of course, of all the sweaters I have done for him, he has been able to wear two of them, one time each. He either outgrows them before they're done or else it never gets cold enough to put them on him.

I just keep telling myself "at least I don't have to shovel snow"!

Welcome to the group.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

ballylarkin
New Pal

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  4:30:04 PM  Show Profile Send ballylarkin a Private Message
Nice to meet you!!!

Go to Top of Page

Kathe
Chatty Knitter

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  9:33:01 PM  Show Profile Send Kathe a Private Message
Hi there,

Welcome to the group!

Kathe

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic