Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 VK Map of the World Afghan
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

liebekatja
Chatty Knitter

USA
262 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2002 :  4:19:19 PM  Show Profile Send liebekatja a Private Message
Hi everyone,

I, too, am going to send in my $1.00 to get my pattern. I am a little worried, though, because I am under a bit of a time crunch-- moving to Germany in a week and a half-- and so was hoping to get the pattern before I left. Thank you to Krista Jo for posting that link-- I can't get it to work yet (but this isn't my computer anyway so I"m sure I will).

Has anyone thought about hypothetically making the afghan in acrylic? It probably wouldn't turn out as nice, but it would be more affordable (and would be washable). Just a thought....

Happy knitting (and dreaming, as the case may be)!
Katie

Go to Top of Page

liebekatja
Chatty Knitter

USA
262 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2002 :  4:21:10 PM  Show Profile Send liebekatja a Private Message
I just got my second star! Wheeee!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2002 :  9:11:33 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Katie: There is no reason whatsoever why you couldn't make it in acrylics. Also, if you would like, I can order two copies of the pattern and you can E-mail me your address in Germany and I shall send it on to you. That way you don't have to worry about the time it might take to order and get it. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

liebekatja
Chatty Knitter

USA
262 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2002 :  1:18:41 PM  Show Profile Send liebekatja a Private Message
Vogue emailed me the pattern today, hurrah hurrah! Thank you to everyone who offered to help me get the pattern otherwise.

Katie

Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2002 :  1:45:22 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Katie: Not being in much of a rush I mailed in my stamped, self-addressed envelope. Glad you got it. Bev

Bev
Go to Top of Page

Emaruottolo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2002 :  1:47:19 PM  Show Profile Send Emaruottolo a Private Message
I also got mine today. Thy must have all been sent at once.
Elisa

"Happiness is not the destination, but the road traveled."
Go to Top of Page

AJ Wisch
Chatty Knitter

USA
296 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2002 :  2:09:25 PM  Show Profile Send AJ Wisch a Private Message
Ditto

AJ

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2002 :  8:00:25 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Just wondering, now that so many of you have this pattern. When is someone actually going to jump in and knit it. Just call me nosy rosey.

ZOLA
Go to Top of Page

liebekatja
Chatty Knitter

USA
262 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2002 :  08:55:59 AM  Show Profile Send liebekatja a Private Message
Zola,

That would be the million dollar question. I know it won't be a while yet for me-- first I have to finish my roommate's gloves, my dad's sweater, my best friend's sweater (she hasn't even picked out her yarn yet!) and about a zillion other WIP's. So I may not even get around to finding yarn for a while. But I just like dreaming.... and keeping my eyes open for suitable yarn bargains....

Anyone else got more concrete plans?

Katie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by