Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Forum Feedback and Suggestion Box
 Last Visited date
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alissa
Seriously Hooked

USA
632 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  8:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Alissa's Homepage Send Alissa a Private Message
Dearest Clara,
Is there some way for you to allow members to change their "last visted" date to an actual date? I frequently find that I am being dropped mid-way through reading the active topics and that when I manage to get back in, my "last visited" date has been reset. I am unsatified with the selection of "last hour, last two hours, yesterday, last week, last month etc". I would LOVE to be able to re-type the date itself. Is this possible? I have tried but haven't gotten it to work yet. If that won't work, could we have a setting for 2 days ago, 3 days ago, 4 day ago, etc? That would help alot! I usually only have to go a few days between visits.

Thank you for all that you do, I really hate to make any kind of complaint as this forum and you are THE BEST! If you could, would you consider it a suggestion instead of a complaint? I would feel better!

Alissa

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  03:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
There is a way, Alissa - when you first go into the Forums there is a box somewhere between All Forums and Active Topics that says "show all topics since ___________ " there is a drop down menu that lets you select 15 minutes, 2 hours, yesterday, 3 months, 1 year, etc. The worst time for me for getting dropped is early in the morning when I haven't seen the topics in a while and I'm probably answering something with too many words - taking too long. So when I get back in I just set the show topics box to "since yesterday".

I hope this helps.

Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  04:01:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
well - that's what I get for not checking before shooting off my mouth. That box pops up when you click Active Topics ... and it's just below the All Forums ...

Go to Top of Page

Alissa
Seriously Hooked

USA
632 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  9:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Alissa's Homepage Send Alissa a Private Message
I have tried that, it works if I was on yesterday. However, when it has been a couple of days there isn't really a selection that fits that description. I am usually a couple of posts into reading and it gets very frustrating! I know part of the problem is my service provider (me! drat!!!) but until I can afford a T-1 I am going to have to put up with this busy pipeline to the internet.

Just hoping for more options,

Alissa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.