Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 handwashing
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  9:16:09 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Soxy, no need to wait for husband's card - just use your paycheque! When we finally move out of suburbia I will definitely get a front loader, and one of those multi level dryers.

"There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness." Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Soxy
Gabber Extraordinaire

New Zealand
389 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  11:16:16 PM  Show Profile Send Soxy a Private Message
Pay cheque? what is that? LOL Unless you know of a way retired housewives can queue for one? :-))) Been to Home Expo today searched for those cabinet dryers but no luck......

Sock Addict
Go to Top of Page

Tam
Permanent Resident

Australia
2810 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  5:19:04 PM  Show Profile Send Tam a Private Message
It is a top loader made by Samsung (I don't like front loaders as you can't add anything to the wash once it has started). Fisher and Paykel also make a top loader without an agitator.

Tam

quote:
Originally posted by celia

Tam, what sort of washing mahne is it? Is it a front loader?

celia

View my completed items here
http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/celiang/
and my blog here
http://celiaknits.blogspot.com

Happy Knitting,
Tam in Melbourne

http://photos.yahoo.com/lillysmum2002

2004 Stats: 19 FOs, 2 WIPs, 1 frog, 1 on hold

Go to Top of Page

celia
Permanent Resident

Australia
2454 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  6:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit celia's Homepage Send celia a Private Message
Thanks, Tam.
I am renting right now and did not need to buy a washing machine as one was provided for me. However when I get married (if I get married??) I'll need to and this is useful info to have.

celia

View my completed items here
http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/celiang/
and my blog here
http://celiaknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  6:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
I handwash.
I handwash sweaters, bras, and my good brightly colored summer tee shirts, as well as any other top I respect.
in the days before we had our little house, I was even known to handwash DH socks if we couldn't get to the laundramat as quick as we needed to
I got those plastic sweater racks to dry stuff on but really it is a pain in the winter.
so in the fall I hand wash all my teeshirts/summer shirts and tuck them away, and do the same in the spring for the sweaters. it is a tiny house anyway with out closets. ( house was built in 1886, and is a stone cottage......no closets)
This helps me keep a bit more organized.
DH does the machine laundry, jeans, towels, etc.
vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
Go to Top of Page

knottyknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
3702 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  6:13:37 PM  Show Profile Send knottyknitter a Private Message
Also,the GE Harmony model is a top-loader without an agitator. I had a front at the house we just sold and left it there when we moved. I have since purchased the Harmony, and love it. It is so much more convenient than a front loader and my queen size comforter even fits in it! It's dryer partner will be delivered in a few days! They both came highly recommended and the salesman at Home Depot told me that they are the only ones of their class that he's not received any complaint on (he recommended them above the Maytag equivelents). I can adjust every aspect of the cycle from the length to the agitation to the temperature, and it works great for handwashables!
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  6:29:33 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
You're lucky someone at your Home Depot knows about the appliances! I had no idea they even sold them, and then whilst loooking for something else I saw some. No one there could tell me anything about them. When the time comes, I'll likely buy the most energy efficient model I can get. I actally like going to the laundromat!

"There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness." Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

knottyknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
3702 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  7:38:47 PM  Show Profile Send knottyknitter a Private Message
Mokey,
My experience is that there can be a vast different from HD to HD as far as whether or not someone actually knows about the appliences. This was at the biggest, newest one in the area and they have someone on hand at all times to help in the appliance department.

Kristi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.